Looking for recommendation on Foam or Latex alternative to Temperpedic or iComfort beds.

We have been in the market for a new bed and have tested out many and like the medium versions of both the iComfort and Temperpedic Cloud. The Cloud is out of our budget and the iComfort reviews make us question its durability. We looked into Bed in a Box, but see that your site isn’t a big fan on its durability, which is a big concern of ours. My husband is a side sleeper and is just under 300 lbs, whereas I am 116 lbs and tend to sleep in all positions. My husband has also had two lower back surgeries so support is the other big concern.

Can you suggest some beds we could research further.

Thanks!

Hi tluna,

There are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to be able to make specific suggestions about “which” mattress to buy or even seriously consider for someone else out of all the thousands that are available in the market based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or "theory at a distance (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here) but the mattress shopping tutorial here has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines about “how” to make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Post #3 here and the posts it links to also has more information about choosing a mattress that would be helpful for those with larger body types or who are in higher weight ranges.

Once you reach step 3 in the tutorial if you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know some of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix

My zip is 75070.

Hi tluna,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the region in and around Dallas/Ft Worth area (including McKinney) are listed in post #4 here.

Phoenix