Looking For Soft Mattress

I sleep on my side, so pressure point relief is my main concern. I have tested the TempurPedic Cloud Luxe and really liked it, but it is way out of my price range. I have researched 3 other possible alternatives from some outlet stores in the Dallas area, but have not been able to test them yet.

Sealy Optimum Elation
Mlily Bliss
Sleeptronic Slumbertronic

I was wondering if you have any advice on these or any other possible options.

Thanks,

Steve McKenzie

Hi Ricauri,

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses but outside of testing to confirm that a mattress is a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) … preferably using the testing guidelines in the mattress shopping tutorial … a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label.

Without more specific information about what is inside a mattress you are considering it’s not possible to make any meaningful comments about it but if you can find out the information listed in this article from the retailer you are dealing with (if they are willing or able to provide it) and post it on the forum I’d be happy to make some comments about the quality of the materials inside them and help you identify whether there are any potential weak links in their design or the materials inside them.

I would tend to avoid the major brands such as Sealy (see the guidelines here).

Post #6 here also has more about some of the additional risks or uncertainty involved when you are considering a Chinese import such as mLily.

Some of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Dallas area (subject to the “value” guidelines I linked) are listed in post #4 here.

The tutorial post also includes a link to the better online memory foam options I’m aware of (in the optional online step) and many of these make memory foam mattresses that are designed to approximate the Tempurpedic models including the Cloud Luxe.

Phoenix