Looking into buying from an online mattress company (Think Casper, Saatva etc)

Hello all,

It is time to get a new mattress and with that comes lots of product research. and reading of reviews. Right now my attention is captured by some of these online retailers (mainly Casper, and Leesa) who are supposedly offering Tempurpedic like quality (or in Saatva’s case a top of the line spring mattress) at a fraction of the price.

So for any of you out there who have looked into these companies or even purchased from them, can you tell me about what your experience was like?
-Was it as comfortable as advertised? (compared to your mattresses)
-Does it feel like the mattress is made to last?
-For those of you who decided the mattress was not for you, was the return policy easy?
-How is there customer support and delivery? (I am bit worried about just getting a “bed-in-a-box”

Thanks for the sharing everyone!

TorontoCT

Hi TorontoCT,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! … and I’m glad you found us before buying into some of the marketing stories you will see everywhere in the industry.

The first place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

While other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful … I would also keep in mind that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and I would be cautious about about using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful. A mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range). In other words … reviews in general won’t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or “value” of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here).

Forum searches will also bring up more comments and feedback about most of them as well.

You can read more about “simplified choice” mattresses in general in post #1 here and there is more specific information about Casper, Leesa, Saatva, and many of the other simplified choice mattresses that will tell you more about the quality and durability of their materials and mattresses in post #2 in the same topic and will answer most of your questions.

They all have a good return/refund policy with either no cost or a minimal cost involved which they all honor.

Phoenix