Looking to Buy a Hybrid Innerspring/Latex Mattress

Hi, I just moved to a new place in NYC and am looking to invest in a nice mattress to last several years. After looking on here and testing out a few different styles of mattress, I’ve settled on getting a Innerspring support core with a Latex comfort layer. I tried the 100% memory foam mattresses, but didn’t like the feel of how I sunk into the mattress. Then, I tried the new Serta Iseries, which is about a 50/50 mix of foam and pocket coils, and liked that a lot more.

I’ve settled on getting pocket coils for the support core. I like how it feels to rest on. Now, for the top, I want to go for the latex, at the cost of price, for the increased comfort and longevity over memory foam and poly foam (which, from what I’ve found, is really hard to find in good quality).

Anybody have suggestions on where I can find mattresses in the NYC area (or anywhere that would deliver to me) that fit my needs?

Thanks for the help.

Hi Usenamoo,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place to start your research is the tutorial post here which has the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best choices … and avoid the worst ones (including chain stores or major brands).

The Serta iSeries are pocket coil / memory foam hybrids although a few of them also include a fairly thin layer of latex. They will be quite different from most latex / pocket coil hybrids.

Some of the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the New York city area are listed in post #2 here and there is a more categorized list with more detailed descriptions of some of them in post #7 here.

Phoenix

Thanks for the quick reply!