Looking to purchase a pocketed micro coil layer for my otherwise great mattress

Hello!
We’ve got a wonderful 12-year-old European Sleepworks mattress that is still great except the pocketed micro coil layer needs to be replaced. I’ve searched and searched, but can’t find anyone who sells just that layer. Any leads would be hugely appreciated!!

Ah yes, didn’t mention this part of my journey. I found that, ordered it, and then they called to say they made a mistake and forgot to remove it from their site because they can’t get it in stock and canceled my order. Ugh! But thank you!!!

Hi riverdog77 and welcome to The Mattress Underground :slight_smile:

We’ve got a wonderful 12-year-old European Sleepworks mattress that is still great except the pocketed micro coil layer needs to be replaced. I’ve searched and searched, but can’t find anyone who sells just that layer. Any leads would be hugely appreciated!!

Good to hear that for the most part your 12-year-old European SleepWorks mattress is holding up!

burnettm replied
Micro Pocketed Coil | DIY Mattress

Ah yes, didn’t mention this part of my journey. I found that, ordered it, and then they called to say they made a mistake and forgot to remove it from their site because they can’t get it in stock and canceled my order. Ugh! But thank you!!!

“Ah yes”, it looks like DIY mattress micro-coil is out of stock, as @burnettm suggested. It’s possible there are supply chain issues or manufacturing shortages at play, but you might want to try Latex Mattress Factory another Trusted Member of the site, I am seeing an Ascension x1032 6" queen pocket coil layer but they may have the micro coil comfort layer as well as they used to carry it. I am not seeing any listed separate micro coil layers online from reputable sources, except for the Leggett and Platt’s own site for Nano coils.

It may be worth calling them to find out who they supply to so that you can follow that up the chain or they may be willing to sell you directly as they did in the past with a few members on this mattress forum. It’s worth a try!

Have you tried contacting SleepWorks themselves? Not sure, but they possibly could offer a replacement micro coil layer, though I don’t see it available on their site, they also may be able to point you to a manufacturer who carries them for retail sale. Hopefully some of our Sleep Experts may be able to chime in with additional information.

~ Basilio

Basilio!!! Thank you sooooo much for all this good info! I called Latex Mattress Factory and they don’t have the microcoil for sale. And have written Leggett & Platt. Keeping fingers crossed! And Sleepworks will sell the microcoil only with the latex attached, which we don’t need as we already have a new latex layer we love. (and it’s close to $800!). I’ll keep looking!!! And will report back if I have any updates. Thanks again for taking so much time!

1 Like

No problem riverdog! I will send positive thoughts for you to find a solution!

~ Basilio

1 Like

UGH!!! Yes please report back-I almost put in an order for that exact microcoil in queen a few weeks ago, then hubby changed his mind about the size & did not place it-but we want to try the microcoils-& yes, only other thing I have seen is L&P website but have not found a vendor for just the micro or nano coils other than the above listed. I have found ridiculously EXPENSIVE items when I have googled “microcoil toppers” specifically. But did find this: SensorPEDIC 3.5-Inch SensorCoil™ Micro Coil Memory Foam Queen Mattress Topper - Walmart.com
And was considering cutting out the memory foam & just using the microcoils. My bigger concern is that I want a quality brand & not a made of crap knockoff.
While we’re here, would you kindly share what it is that you liked about the microcoils, what was the effect you got? I’m looking for a small amount of 'cush" with a LOT of ability for air movement.

Hi Catia, so sorry you’re feeling my pain! (but have to admit it’s nice to have another person on the hunt with me!). I’m looking for this to replace the worn out component in my current European Sleepworks mattress. Not so much for cooling, but for a support layer between our latex top layer and the bottom layer of larger pocketed coils. It’s more a size thing: we don’t have room for another layer of larger (taller) coils; we need something smaller 1-2" to keep our mattress height similar to what it was before. I’ll report back if I find anything!!! And good luck to you!

I too, am searching for a micro pocketed coil layer in full size, to do a diy mattress. I called diymattress.com to see when/if they’d be in stock, and unfortunately they have discontinued it. I asked if they could special order one, and no they can’t, but I was told there are “lots” of suppliers out there that have them. I asked for names but he didn’t have any and suggested I do a deep search. I’ve looked and looked online, with no luck.
I’m pretty frustrated by the lack of help from diymattress. Both times I’ve called them, they seem disinterested in giving advice or help, and I felt like they don’t care if they get me as a customer or not. I love their idea of building your own mattress, but they need to step up their customer service, imho. He could’ve said, “I don’t know the names of any suppliers, but I’ll make some calls and find out, and get back to you.” If that were the case, I’d be shouting their name from the rooftops! Maybe I’ll give them one more try to see if they’ll do that, but sadly I don’t have much hope. Meanwhile I’ll keep looking.
I like micro-coils because they hold up better than latex foam for adjustable bases, which I need for an injured spine. I tried regular sized coils, but the mattress was way too firm for my petite self.

Hi Gleama,

Apologies for the delayed response! I’m sorry to hear you had an unsatisfactory call with @DIY Mattress…I can say that they have been a valued [Trusted Member] of the site for many years and provide quality DIY components and excellent customer support; when business picks up, as a smaller manufacturer, they can be hard pressed for time, unfortunately, and may not be able to assist a consumer looking for an item they no longer carry…I think you may have just caught them at a busy moment.

Several of the [Trusted Members] of the site carry microcoil layer mattresses; I called and spoke with Steve at Beloit Mattress Co as they carry at least 7 mattresses with microcoil layers and he said they can ship microcoil layers for a DIY project; they carry 1" Nanocoils
As well as 2.4 Softek microcoils, I would give them a call with your specifications and they should be able to help you out!

~ Basilio

1 Like

Yay!! Finally! Has anyone tried to order the micro coils from Beloit?