looking to replace one our old beds but where to buy?

My husband and I are in the market for a new bed.
I am happy with my bed but hubby is miserable.
He is a big guy about 255 and 6’ presently sleeping in a crater in the centre of his stearns and foster zenbody.
He has back pain and is miserable every morning.

Im trying to convince him to invest in an organic latex bed and he is open to it.
We’ve looked at several expensive models like obasan? green sleep and a royalpedic .
he needs support but also comfort and he is very reluctant to relinquish his sterns and Foster!
Even though it is causing him pain.

can you recommend a good dealer in the Edmonton area?
We are looking for a king with a soft feel yet good support ,if that is even possible?
I am confident that if i can get him out of his crater bed, life would be easier for me!

Thank-you

Sue

Hi suziQ,

Welcome, and I’m glad you found us.

I’m not sure if you are looking for GOLS certified organic latex (which is the only certified organic latex) or why it may be important to you but there is more about organic certifications in post #2 here and the posts it links to and there is more about organic latex (and the other types and blends of latex) in post #6 here.

Almost any combination of firmness/softness and support is possible in a mattress but softness/firmness and support is relative to each person and each person experiences it differently so a mattress that feels too firm for one person can feel too soft for someone else depending on their body type, sleeping position, and preferences or sensitivity and what they are used to sleeping on in the past and are using as a reference point for soft or firm. It would be similar to “sweetness” or “saltiness” where a food that tastes too sweet or too salty for one person won’t be sweet enough or salty enough for someone else. The goal for everyone is always to make sure that the mattress you choose is a good “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). There is more about the different ways to choose a mattress in post #2 here that can help you identify and minimize the risks involved in each of them.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Edmonton area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #136 here.

Phoenix