Loom and Leaf vs. other brands

This is my first post but I just would like to tell you Nene1957 you did the right thing by going somewhere else then to get a mattress from Saatva, hereā€™s my experience I just had with them.

I started a chat with them using their online chatting service because I wanted to know the quality of their polyfoam they use on their loom and leaf. This site told me what quality materials to get. This is the best site in the world to figure it all out when it comes to buying a mattress! If a company is NOT willing to tell me exactly what Iā€™m getting Iā€™m taking my business elsewhere. The guy told me that the polyfoam thatā€™s in the mattress is 1.5 and 1.8 lbs but that it was proprietary information as to exactly which layer. He would not tell me. Why not when they give you the density of their memory foam? And when I told him why I needed to know and that Iā€™m not going to purchase anything unless I know, he told me that this isnā€™t the source to buy from!

Hereā€™s a screen capture!

Good luck with your new mattress!

~Frank
P.S. I need a mattress too and have 900 dollar budget. Weigh 230 and sleep on my side any suggestions? Almost fell for the loom and leaf too!

Frank, we are now on our Select Foam for 5 nights and it is great. I canā€™t compare as Iā€™ve only had a failed latex hybrid. Theyā€™ve been good to deal with except their reps work on the phone only so it is hit and miss to get a live person. Their mattress arrived in a different cover than shown and our rep said it was their ā€œnew top of the line coverā€ And it was going to show up on their new website being launched the following day but the website is the same. The cover is fine. though The mattress is great. Firmer than I expected but it is new. I think Christeli is a name that keeps coming up here. And Select Foam is really good, but their customer service review were not so good. We love our mattress so far from them. It is pricier though. I think Christeli might work for you. Find out about the foam density.

Frank, we are now on our Select Foam for 5 nights and it is great. I canā€™t compare as Iā€™ve only had a failed latex hybrid. Theyā€™ve been good to deal with except their reps work on the phone only so it is hit and miss to get a live person. Their mattress arrived in a different cover than shown and our rep said it was their ā€œnew top of the line coverā€ And it was going to show up on their new website being launched the following day but the website is the same. The cover is fine. though The mattress is great. Firmer than I expected but it is new. I think Christeli is a name that keeps coming up here. And Select Foam is really good, but their customer service review were not so good. We love our mattress so far from them. It is pricier though. I think Christeli might work for you. Find out about the foam density. Oh and the sales rep for Loom and Leaf basically told me the same thing. The foam info is proprietary and he was very cool about us going elsewhere. I think they get a lot of that from customers because of this site.

Wow, that was quick! Thanks, I will. This site really shined a light on Saatva and Iā€™m glad itā€™s here.

I figure they were using cheap 1.5 lb foam and that they didnā€™t want to say because they know it will deteriorate, and itā€™s especially important to get at least 1.8 lb density for a heavier person according to this website. I really try hard to get the best for less! Thanks for the quick response!

~Frank

Hi soulgiver36,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and experiences (and your chat) with Saatva ā€¦ I appreciate it.

I donā€™t know which type of mattress you are looking for but the the mattress shopping tutorial includes several links to lists that include the better online options or possibilities Iā€™m aware of (in the optional online step) that include many different types of mattresses (see this article) in a wide range of budgets (including many that are in your budget range) and that also use high quality materials that would be suitable for your weight range.

If you let me know your city or zip code Iā€™d also be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities Iā€™m aware of in your area as well.

Phoenix