Loose cover?

Hi! I received my mattress several days ago and set it up yesterday. All went really well however when I zipped on the top of the cover I noticed that it is loose enough that it has a wrinkle in the top. When I tried to smooth it out and tug the cover down a little to straighten it out, nothing happened. I put my mattress protector on the mattress and made up the bed and slept on it last night. Unfortunately, I could feel the wrinkle through my sheet and mattress protector (which is quilted cotton). Do you have any suggestions about what I can do for this? I like a tight fitting mattress cover. Iā€™m one of those people who hates feeling like they are sleeping in a rumpled bed. The mattress itself felt softer than I expected (soft Talalay over M Dunlop over F Dunlop). I have some worries that the loose cover is the cause of the bed being softer than expected. (Plus I just donā€™t like the wrinkled feeling) After reading a lot of your answers to people, it sounds like I can expect a 5% softening over the first two months so my concern is that if the cover is loose now, it will be looser later. Do you have any suggestions?

Hello Greyling

Thank you kindly for the update on your new mattress!

We do not glue our mattress covers to the latex foam within, which would be the only way to achieve a completely wrinkle-free sleep surface. Our covers are designed to fit snug, but not too tight so as to not change the feel of your latex within. This allows your body to fully contour into your top pressure-relief layer. If the mattress cover were to fit too tight on top, it will not allow for you to get the contour that your top layer should provide for you.

Should you decide that your current mattress configuration is a bit too soft, you have the ability to unzip your cover and rearrange the layers within to change the overall feel to achieve a firmer sleep surface. For example, if you have a configuration of Soft over Medium over Firm and you feel as though that is too soft, you can try Medium over Soft over Firm. This example would provide more support directly against your body, while not completely getting rid of your contour layer, but instead simply moving it further away from the surface. If you try all possible layer configurations using your current set of layers, and cannot find the feel that you desire, you can call us to exchange a layer. You simply call our office and order your new comfort exchange layer, we then ship the layer to you, as well as provide you with a FedEx return shipping label. Once you receive your new layer, we allow you to keep all layers for 30 days before you send your unwanted layer back to our facility. This should give you enough time to incorporate your new layer with your existing layers and try different combinations before making a final decision as to which layer you would like to send back. We charge a flat $30 shipping fee for your first exchange. This amount covers shipping both ways. Any exchange thereafter if need be would be actual cost of shipping both ways.

Should you have any questions or would like to exchange a comfort layer, please donā€™t hesitate to call my office at 480-966-8731. I am here Mon thru Friday, 9:30am to 6pm PT. Thanks again, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Jeremy
SleepEZ
480-966-8731

Hi Jeremy! I totally ā€œgetā€ all of the things you mentioned. They are why I bought the mattress. Iā€™m hoping that the wrinkle flattens out as I sleep in the mattress. My mention of it was because I expected the cover to be a bit tighter than it is. I understand about not wanting to compact the under layers and I would guess there is some slight variation of the thicknesses of the ā€œslabsā€ of latex making it hard to make a top that is uniformly snug without compressing the underlying layers.
This is the only ā€œcomplaintā€ Iā€™d have about the mattress and it sounds like it may just be the ā€œnature of the beastā€. I am sleeping well and any smell the mattress had dissipated quickly with 2 days of airing out. (For those worried about smellsā€¦it wasnā€™t an objectionable smell like there is with memory foam. It smelled like very strong oranges and I suspect with the cover closed and mattress protector and sheets on would have been unnoticeable. I am one of those people who was sensitive to memory foam smell and I can totally recommend this, though I know that each personā€™s sensitivity to smells is different.) A final word of praise for the free pillows and mattress protector. Both are of excellent quality, unlike another vendor who sent me free items with the mattress I bought from them.
Overall Iā€™ve had a very positive experience with SleepEZ and their product. Iā€™d have no problem recommending them to others looking for a bit more reasonably priced latex mattress.

Greyling

I am very happy to hear that you are enjoying your new mattress! I personally would like to thank you for all of your feedback! I can attest that over time the wrinkles in the cover will eventually settle to the point of being unnoticeable through your bedding (sheets and protector). I have been with SleepEZ for almost 18 years, and have had my current King 10" model for 16 of those years. I finally had to change my cotton and wool mattress cover out last year. That cover gave me a good 15 years of service before it finally flattened out! My new cover had similar wrinkles when first I assembled it last year. Those wrinkles have ā€˜ironedā€™ themselves out over the initial 30 days or so from when I assembled it.

Please donā€™t hesitate to come back should you have more feedback to share in the future! Thank you so very much!

Jeremy
SleepEZ
480-966-8731