love and sleep mattress question

The guideline here state that a good memory foam should be at least 4 lb per cubic feet.
However, the mattress which is on the trusted members list is only 1.8lb base foam.

Isn’t that considered low quality by this website’s own standards? If so, why is it on the members list?

Note added by Phoenix: I have removed the link provided by the user that placed several cookies on my computer some of which are pointing to shopify and indicate an affiliation tagging of some sort. I have altered the link and provided an alternative URL to the product.

Note to Jonmarrow.

I find your question Jonmarrow a bit double-edged, especially coming from someone that has inserted an affiliate link as the first post on our Forum. Our moderator NikkiTMU has since removed the offending link and left you a note here. Our normal policy is to ban users that infringe our Forum Rules #3 & #5 as their motives on the forum are quite apparent. Sometimes we do take some chances to see where they lead.

Today I am seeing a second link in the post above that placed several cookies on my computer some of which are pointing to Shopify and indicate an affiliation tagging of some sort. I have altered the link and provided an alternative URL to the product. I will also shortly ban you from the forum but I will leave this post intact as your question can appear legitimate especially to a novice mattress seeker that comes across partial information on our website.

Polyurethane foam that is used in the base (often called polyfoam)of 1.8 lbs/ft3 is on par with the durability standards. Generally, I would make sure that the density of any polyfoam is at least 1.8 lb per cubic foot or higher. If the mattress is two sided then I would use a minimum foam density of 1.5 lbs per cubic foot or higher.
I would make sure to find out the mattress information listed here and peruse in-depth the mattress durability guidelines here so you can compare the quality of the materials and components.

The Energex foam in the Love & Sleep is hole-punched for breathability and is high quality and high-performance polyfoam that has some of the properties of memory foam without the temperature sensitivity and slow response. There are no lower quality materials or weak links in this mattress for those that are in more average weight ranges although I would add a caution for those that are in higher weight ranges (200s or higher because of the 1.8 lb polyfoam core). This mattress is geared more toward a value price point, with 2"-3" of comfort layers in the mattress.

Generally, it is good to know that many of our trusted members also offer low-budget options for consumers that cannot afford top-of-the-line materials. Transparency is one of the criteria that we use to differentiates our Trusted members from many mattress outlets and brand manufacturers that chose to not disclose what they use in the mattress
Our Trusted members act with integrity and provide all the information needed for a consumer to make an informed mattress purchase and leave it to the person’s personal value equation to make a selection based on the criteria that are important to them including budget vs longevity.

Phoenix