Love the feel of Jacalyn and Cloud Luxe

Hello all, First off wonderful sight, the amount of info has been mind boggling but good!!!

I went to a big box store and spent most of the day laying on mattresses and the two I found most appealing in m price range was the S&F Jacalyn and a clearanced Tempure pedic Cloud Luxe. I love the softness and support they provide.
The reviews on the Jacalyn ($1400) were not exactly good when it comes to durability and I am not too keen spending $2900 on a Cloud luxe that looks like it was dragged trough a warehouse. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a bed of similar softness and support within my price range. The only latex beds I have found seem to be a little bouncy to me. I’m not sure if all of them feel that way or if it was just that particular bed. Please help!!!

I am not against making m own mattress to be able to get that soft supportive feeling. I am male, sidesleeper, 5’5" 165 lbs, lower back pain and frequent muscle soreness from athletic activities.

BTW: I was thinking about the Plushbeds 9" Botanical Bliss( mattress only) and use my foundation from my old Simmons beautyrest.

Thanks in advance and well met.
Jim

Hi bchboy120t,

The first place I would start with any mattress research is post #1 here. This will help you cut through the huge amount of information on the site and will give you the information, steps, and guidelines you need to make the best possible choices. It will also help you avoid the worst ones such as most of the mass market retailers or chain stores or any manufacturer (including the major brands) which don’t disclose the quality of the materials they use inside their mattresses.

In the “read first” post you will find a list of the members of the site that sell mattresses online and a list of some of the better online memory foam options as well. Some of these make memory foam mattresses that will approximate the Tempurpedic line in either “feel”, quality of materials, or design and in some cases all three (a mattress that uses lower quality materials may “feel” very similar to a mattress that uses higher quality materials but it won’t last as long).

Once you get to step 3 … if you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know or any of the better options in your area I’m aware of.

Phoenix

Thanks for the info! I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on the Ultimate Dreams 13" Gel Memory Foam Mattress and the Reverie Deluxe Adjustable Bed With Wireless Control and Massage. The set will cost about $2100 whichi is a great deal!

The only thing is that I am inrigued by the latex mattress, I haven’t been able to find a good store that carries them locally to lay on.

Can you tell me if there are any stores near my location that may have better options and that may carry a good line of latex mattresses. Area code 30531

Thanks again
Jim

Hi bchboy1206,

Post #5 here should help. You may need to make a few calls to confirm what they have on their floor but many of them carry latex mattresses.

Phoenix

Wow Phoenix, thanks, I really appreciate it!!!

Jim