Love the tempurpedic cloud prima but $$$

I love the tempurpedic cloud prima, I tried it as a sleep country USA. But it’s alot of $$$. Is there a cheaper alternative?

I want something that will last, is comfortable for back and stomach sleepers, and can’t feel the other person move.

I have looked at bed-in-a-box but I hear they don’t last as long. I’ve also looked into the local person that your website suggests in oregon, Parklane mattresses, and they suggest their GEL Foam and Memory Foam MattressesHandCrafted Mattresses “The Glisan”.

Please advise :slight_smile:

Stephanie



Hi sgibson06,

The first place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

There is also more in post #9 here about the different ways that one mattress can “match” another one.

The tutorial post also includes several links to some of the better online memory foam options I’m aware of and many of these make mattresses that are specifically designed to approximate some of the Tempurpedic mattresses and mention this in their description but most of them would know which of their models would feel closest to the Prima … at least for most people (“feel” is so subjective … different people can have different perceptions and opinions of how closely two mattresses match).

You can see my comments about bedinabox in post #2 here.

If you are in the Portland area or near any of their stores then I would certainly make a visit to Parkland a priority and I would test the Glisan to see whether it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). Parklane is one of the members here which means I think very highly of them and I believe they compete well with the best in the industry. There are are also some other options or possibilities listed in the Portland area in post #2 here as well.

Phoenix