Magniflex MagniStretch Mattress

Was doing some research and came across this fantastic site.

Moved recently and our mattress didn’t enjoy the trip. We were looking at a Magniflex MagniStretch mattress at a dealer here in Toronto. Liked the relative firmness and the fact I could almost “feel” the pressure relief. About $3k CAD. Not sure if that is a good deal or not as well.

Anyone have any insight on the brand and mattress and their experiences.

Thanks
Sandip

Hi Sandip,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I’m happy that you’ve found us.

I’m sorry to hear that. :frowning:

You can read a little more about Magniflex in post #6 here and post #2 here and post #3 here and a forum search on Magniflex (you can just click the link) will bring up more information and feedback about them as well.

If you are considering buying a Magniflex mattress I would make sure that you confirm the quality/density of all the layers (see this article) in the specific model you are considering so you can confirm that there are no lower quality materials or weak links in the model you are looking at and make more meaningful comparisons with any other mattresses you are considering based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

If you can find out the information in the article I linked about the type and quality of the materials in any of their specific mattresses you are considering and post it on the forum I’d certainly be happy to make some comments about the materials inside it and the mattress “as a whole”.

When looking for any new mattress, the first place I would start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choice … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses.

As you can see … PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) is the most important part of the “value” of any mattress purchase but this will be unique to each person because a mattress that is “perfect” for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on.

Outside of PPP (which is the most important part of “value”), the next most important part of the value of a mattress purchase is durability which is all about how long you will sleep well on a mattress. This is the part of your research that you can’t see or “feel” and assessing the durability and useful life of a mattress depends on knowing the specifics of its construction and the type and quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label or how a mattress feels in a showroom or when it is relatively new so I would always make sure that you find out the information listed here so you can compare the quality of the materials and components to the durability guidelines here to make sure there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress that would be a cause for concern relative to the durability and useful life of a mattress before making any purchase.

Phoenix

1 Like

Hello Sandip and Phoenix,

This is a great forum, its a pleasure to be here! I work with Magniflex USA Ltd. as a Marketing Assistant and thought I might be able to provide some additional information about our company and the MagniStretch mattress as well.

Magniflex is one of the most recognized mattress brands in the world, currently distributing in 100 different countries worldwide. In the sixties, Giuliano Magni created his first mattresses in a small workshop in Prato, Italy. It was the start of a revolution: the craft skills of Prato, the world capital of fabrics, were combined with new ideas about sleep and wellbeing. Since then, Magniflex has provided over 50 million people with peaceful sleep, thanks to models and solutions designed to meet our customers need for a combination of great comfort and relaxation. Most recently, Magniflex has partnered with Gianluigi Buffon to help promote our world re-known sleep solutions, especially the MagniStretch.

The MagniStretch was developed in cooperation with a leading orthopedic research team at Zaragoza University in Europe. Our exclusive, patented technology was created to alleviate back and neck pain by gently stretching and elongating the spine during sleep. The Magnistretch technology uses the pressure exerted by the body to move two sets of inclined foam sections in opposite directions. This movement gently stretches and decompresses the spinal column by increasing the space between your vertebrae, fostering blood flow and releasing the pain.

I hope you find this post helpful. If there is any other information I can provide, please feel free to reach out. Thanks, all the best!

Hi Jim-Magniflex,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I appreciate you taking the time to monitor the forum, and manufacturers are always welcome to post educational material here (see specifically item 3 in the forum rules).

In this specific thread, it would be helpful if you would answer about the MagniStretch 12 mattress that Sandip inquired about, specifically a more complete objective description of the layers used within the mattress, as it would assist members here in analyzing your product. The descriptors listed don’t provide much meaningful information about the foams used:
.5" memory foam
.5" super soft fiber
2" Eliosoft
4.5" Eliosoft
4.5" Elioform

Thanks again!

Phoenix

For some reason I can’t find the post new topic button so am responding to this thread.

My search for a much needed mattress led me to this site after the usual testing of mattresses at the big box stores, scouring the multitude of mattresses available on the internet and the purchase, and return, of a Casper Wave mattress (more on that below).

Since there is little information on this site about Magniflex, in general, and the Magnistretch, in particular, I thought I would comment about why I chose the Magnistretch and how I like it so far. Full disclosure I work at a store that sells mattresses and could have obtained employee pricing but chose to spend considerably more on the Magniflex to get a mattress that I was comfortable with due to ongoing joint pain issues.

Latex mattresses piqued my interest due to both their cooling qualities and being derived from natural products. Unfortunately, the only store that sells latex mattresses in Nova Scotia is Ikea (I wanted a mattress at least 10 inches thick which excluded the natural latex offering from them). My interest in this type of mattress was great enough to take the time to go to Toronto to try out some Latex mattresses at what I would refer to as “boutique” mattress stores. All 3 places I checked out were mentioned in another thread, on this forum, as places of interest. Two of the stores wanted $3500.00 or more for a double latex mattress and one quoted a ridiculous shipping price. All 3 stores left me somewhat cold, oddly enough, because of too many configuration possibilities. I wasn’t entirely confident that what was on display was right for me and due to my preference to try the exact configuration I would ultimately purchase didn’t want to order a slightly different configuration that I might not find suitable. I was also a little leary about warranty issues and the like considering the “boutique” nature of these stores and the fact I didn’t live locally.

So my search continued and I found the Magniflex magnistretch at a local high end furniture store. The mattress comes in 3 heights 10, 12 & 14 but they only had the 10 inch version on display. On the Magniflex site the difference between the 3 are limited to the 12 and 14 inch versions having something being referred to as World Class and the 14 inch version being Firm while the 12 inch version was listed as medium soft. Strangely enough no “level of comfort” is listed for the 10 inch version though both the 10 and 12 inch versions are listed as providing “medium” support.

As above, since I couldn’t test the 12 and 14 inch versions, I ruled them out despite my preference for a higher profile mattress. I would speculate, based on the 10 inch version, that the firmness level of the 14 inch version would be very firm indeed.

Like latex mattresses you definitely sleep on top of the magnistretch as opposed to sinking into memory foam type mattresses. Unlike latex mattresses there is none of that bouncing motion feeling you get when you initially lie on the mattress (though I’m told you get used to that and it doesn’t feel weird after you do).

The mattress cover is a very dense and thick quilting which provides a soft sensation while still being firm. Like latex mattresses the magnistretch bounces back very quickly (without the bouncing feeling). If truth be told I really don’t sink into the mattress at all so it may not be bouncing back quickly but rather not compressing much to begin with.

These mattresses are OKEO-TEX certified and I can attest that when I got my mattress there was virtually no smell or off-gassing coming off the mattress. That stood in stark contrast to my Casper Wave mattress.

After unfolding the Wave I realized I had ordered the wrong size (I’m still amazed I got that that wrong). I immediately called Casper, and to their credit, they immediately agreed to take my mattress back and issued an immediate refund once the mattress was picked up. In the several days that took the mattress was left on the floor of my living room. Despite the fact that there is always a window open in this room 24 hrs a day the off-gassing from the Wave was noticeable for the 5 days it spent in my living room waiting to be picked up.

Another interesting fact about the return process was that Casper made absolutely no attempt to donate this mattress, which was never slept in. They just straight up called 1-800 junk. In discussions with the guys that picked up my mattress it would appear that this is true of a lot of the online mattress companies that claim they will try to donate your mattress first (and in their defence there may or may not be laws in my province about used mattresses being donated). There appears to be a healthy “black” market among friends and family in regards to getting returns for next to nothing.

I did test the mattress briefly during this period, on several occasions, but it didn’t come close to living up to the online hype/description (particularly the claim about the top layer being soft and sensitive and melting away). It was also tough to spend lengthy periods on the mattress due to the excessive off-gassing.

I couldn’t truly determine if the Wave slept cool, as claimed, but I can tell you that the magnistretch does in fact live up to the claims it makes it this regard and sleeps very cool. The Outlast cover is probably as much responsible for this as is the claimed open-cell structure of the foam itself but either way if you’re a hot sleeper you can be confident that this mattress sleeps cool.

I have had the mattress for only a week so can’t speak to durability (I will update this post if anything changes in this regard). But, after a months long search I can, at this stage, highly recommend this mattress.

Hi Sensa2004.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Thank you for following our Mattress Forum Rules and for your full disclosure… I appreciate it.
Sorry to hear about the joint pains… I hope the new mattress will help a bit. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences (with both mattresses) and I am sure that many visitors will find your comments helpful. As far as donations go… I very much agree with you…some companies are more environmentally aware than others and some chose to disregard the subject altogether, but the good news is that the trend to minimize the footprint and keep returned mattresses away from the landfills is on the rise, and businesses are taking steps to either donate or recycle old or lightly used mattresses. It might be interesting for anyone interested in the subject to read through this article here by Sleep On Latex, one of our environmentally conscious Trusted Members., or another article here by Parklane Mattress - another Trusted Member.

I look forward to any updates you might have once you’ve had a chance to sleep upon it for a while.

Phoenix

Just wanted to add 2 things to my above comment.

1. I really appreciate all the info available on this site as it was a big help to me in narrowing down the type of mattress I was looking for as well as eliminating some based on the information gleaned from this site. When every mattress available on the internet is supposedly the best mattress ever this site is very helpful in separating the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

2. In arriving at my decision to purchase the magnistretch one factor above all else played a critical role. If it wasn’t fully apparent already I’m old school and really have to try something before I buy it. Before I ultimately purchased it I made 4 trips to the store where I bought it from and spent a considerable amount of time on it to make sure I was comfortable with it (to the point the salespeople just basically ignored me when I came in as well as my unwillingness to buy the 12 or 14 inch versions though I prefer a higher profile since I was unable to test them). I buy very few things on the internet and the experience with the Casper Wave made me even more leery of buying a mattress online (though as noted above the return process was hassle free).

That being said, I would encourage those with a higher tolerance for experimentation to utilize this site to find reputable manufacturers with great customer service / return policies because though I’m very happy with my decision to buy the magnistretch it may not be for everyone and there are certainly other very good alternatives out there.

I’ll leave you with this final thought for now. Every time a customer at work asks me which is the best mattress we sell I always respond the same way…“the best mattress is the one that you’re the most comfortable sleeping on”.

Hi Sensa2004.

Thanks for your contributions to this topic. I appreciate your TMU support. :slight_smile:
You are quite right … [quote]
“the best mattress is the one that you’re the most comfortable sleeping on”.
[/quote] and I would add … sleep confortable for a long time before you need to replace it. :wink:

Phoenix

Hello,

I couldn’t figure out how to post a new topic so I decided to reply under an existing magniflex post.

I tried out a magniflex Diamante 14 and it was the best mattress I’ve ever tried. It did not have the feel of a typical memory foam mattress where you sink in and have that stuck feeling (thats how those feel to me anyways).

Do you happen to know of any manufacturers that offer a similar feel to magniflex? I may just decide to purchase this one as it is heavily discounted due to a return.

Thanks for your help. This site has had a ton of useful information.

-John

John - I don’t have any first hand experience with Magniflex, but would respectfully advise you to get details on any applicable warranty and/or exchange policy if you consider purchasing a return. Such mattresses are commonly sold as-is without any warranty. This varies among re-sellers but is something I thought you’d want to be aware of before committing to a purchase.

Hello,

I called them up, and as you suspected, they do not offer a warranty or return option. However, they did seem like they were willing to work on price when I was there in person.

Is there a typical percentage off you’d recommend for this sort of purchase? Or do you not recommend this at all due to no return policy?

I would still have the mfg. warranty but that’s probably next to impossible to obtain in the states if something went wrong.

Thanks.

I wouldn’t be sure about the manufacturer’s warranty being in place on returns, which are most often sold as-is and exclude such coverage. If the seller says that you would still get the manufacturer’s warranty I’d strongly suggest getting that in writing before making the purchase.

Pricing on mattresses is difficult to gauge, with many of the major brands commonly being sold new at half off their “retail” price, and are even sometimes on sale for additional 10 or 20% off of that. So for a return I would expect the discount to be even more, but of course it depends on the brand and what their product actually sells for rather than its “retail” price. I would never consider buying any used or returned mattresses, but that’s a personal choice.

Hi,

It’s just over a year since I purchased my Magniflex MagniStretch Mattress and just wanted to provide a quick update.

I have had absolutely no problems with the mattress. It’s as comfortable as when I first purchased it and both the cover and the foam are showing zero signs of wear / deformation etc.

Consider me very satisfied with the quality and comfort of this mattress.

Back next year with a further update.

Cheers.

Hey Sensa2004,

Welcome back :).

Thank you for posting your update, and I am so glad the Magniflex is working out for you. Always good to hear, all materials still showing no wear and tear.

It’s helpful to get reviews a year later, as so many “mattress reviews” are based on the first 30 after purchase, not 1, 2 or three years later. Thanks again.

Sensei

Please. Are you still active on here?