Magniflex mattresses

Hello!!!
SInce I am an Italian living in Florida, I tend to take pride when an Italian company exports high quality products in the US market, just like Magniflex does.
I live in Miami and I sleep on a Supremo mattress. I find it extremely comfortable and I really like their advertising strategies online.

http://www.magniflex.com/northamerica/en/

I was wondering what it is your opinion about Magniflex and if you had the chance to experience their new arrivals.
Like many other fellow Italians living in the US, I would like one of your articles about this Italian company. Do you think that’s possible?

Thanks for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.

Arrivederci!

Hi Lorenzo88,

If you are looking for a new mattress then the first place I would start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choice … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses.

As you can see … PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) is the most important part of the “value” of any mattress purchase but this will be unique to each person because a mattress that is “perfect” for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on.

While I can’t speak to whether any mattress will be a good “match” for someone in terms of PPP because their own personal testing and experience is the only way to know this … outside of PPP … a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality and durability of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label so I would focus more on the materials in a mattress than on the name of the manufacturer that makes it.

Brand shopping can be among the most risky ways to choose a mattress because all manufacturers have access to the same or similar components and materials and most of the most heavily advertised and most commonly available brands that you would recognize are the ones I would avoid anyway (see the guidelines here) and many of the better manufacturers are smaller and are only available locally or regionally. The name of the manufacturer on the label also won’t tell you anything about whether a specific mattress is suitable for you in terms of PPP or whether there are any lower quality materials or weak links in the design. There is more about the risks of brand shopping in post #5 here and post #12 here).

You can read a little more about Magniflex in post #6 here and post #2 here and post #3 here and a forum search on Magniflex (you can just click the link) will bring up more information and feedback about them as well.

If you are considering buying a Magniflex mattress I would make sure that you confirm the quality/density of all the layers (see this article) in the specific model you are considering so you can confirm that there are no lower quality materials or weak links in the model you are looking at and make more meaningful comparisons with any other mattresses you are considering based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

If you can find out the information in the article I linked about the type and quality of the materials in any of their specific mattresses you are considering and post it on the forum I’d certainly be happy to make some comments about the materials inside it and the mattress “as a whole”.

Phoenix