matress for sex

We are planning to live together now and are looking for a mattress. I believe there are couple of variations out there and I was wondering is there anyone which would be best for sex purpose. Foam mattress or latex ones ? I searched internet and found out that air wedge pillow can increase the joy during night. Other than that I am planning to buy a comforter, note that it is very hot where I live but we usually have air conditioner turned on . Would that comforter be helpful or it is only for people living in colder countries ?

Please help

Hi memo42,

I’m assuming that’s a typo and you mean “any particular mattress” or “anyone who knows” rather than “anyone”! :slight_smile:

As you probably know … this is the subject of a lot of debate and each couple can have their own preferences for the type of mattress that is “best for sex” and it would also depend on many other factors such as the positions you tend to use or how “active” you are so there really isn’t really a consensus about which materials or types of mattress are best.

Having said that … I think it would be fair to say that slow response materials such as memory foam are probably the “least favorite” material for sex for a majority of people because they don’t have any resilience and it’s more difficult to develop a rhythm and it’s not as supportive for knees and elbows that are bearing more weight as more resilient materials (see post #2 here).

In the end though … it’s really a matter of personal preference because what may work “best” for one couple may be very different for what works best for a different couple.

Comforters would also be a matter of personal preference and of course the conditions in your bedroom but there is some information in this topic and this topic and this topic and in post #24 and onwards here and this topic that may be helpful and this article has some very useful comparisons and information as well.

Phoenix

Hi memo42

I will assume that you enjoy sex in all positions.

Latex and coil spring mattresses are my best choices while memory foam, and waterbeds are my worst choices. My wife and I prefer a lively surface, with more resilience. It makes our sessions more enjoyable because the mattress works with us, and our movements.

We also use a waterproof mattress protector for obvious reasons! :ohmy:

Good luck in your search

Thankyou for the replies. I searched more on internet and looks like Spring mattress would be a resonable option. I am planning to get a queen size , we are both short heighted . I am 5.5 ft while she is 5.3 LOL so I think should be fine.

waterproof mattress protector looks like a great add on cause if the fluid gets into matress somehow then it is a mess to sort it out. It would be easy to put protector on top of matress and a sheet on top of it and in the morning one can wash protector and sheet to sort things out.

Do you people have any experiences with wedge or ramp pillows ?

If I were you, before spending big money on a premade ramp or whatever, I would try just setting up some pillows to mimic the ramp. The only way to know whether or not you and your partner would like the positions it creates is to try them.

Also, I can’t believe this is a real thread with real answers. :blink:

Hey memo42

This is a very interesting thread indeed!

Spring mattresses are going to be the best, but as previously stated, latex is an interesting option as well. Never realized the difference of any mattresses until I slept on a memory foam with a previous partner. If you are looking for additional comfort, I would go latex.

Have you seen Sleep Like the Dead’s user polls on such criteria? Mattress Types and Sex Suitability Comparison 2018 : Which Are Best? Memory Foam, Air Beds, Foam, Latex, Hybrid, Innerspring, Love making

diynaturalbedding,

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

You’re welcome.