Matrress Factory memory foam matresses

Pheonix - I have been on your site for weeks now. Trying to find a memory foam mattress that feels similar to the Tempur Cloud Lux \or Supreme (in the middle would be spot on perfect). I also want a COOL mattress and am very concerned about sleeping hot. I visited the Mattress Factory (one of your recommended retailers) in Montgomeryville, PA and was most impressed by the courtesy and knowledge of Andrew and John. ( I also called Brooklyn Bedding and was equally impressed with Jacob . . .I just would love to TRY the bed before making such a big purchase.

Three questions:

1. Have you heard about the Rejuvagel (made via FoamEx)? I cannot find any info or reviews on line on these bedd.

2. I also see you recommend Therapedic. Is there a model you recommend given my specs listed above?

3. Both Andrew and John (independently) recommended some older models of comfor-pedic, saying that they use a higher level of (NXG) memory foam (infused, not the beads), have a more open cell design and are all offered at significantly discounted prices (Recommend: Mykonis, Figi and Seabrooke). Your thoughts? (Andres also though the Sealy Optimum Vibrant had more of the “feel” of a Temour. Your thoughts please?

Thank you so much for being such a valuable (and rare) resource. It was easier to buy a house than purchase a mattress!

I look forward to your response - LAB3

Hi lab3,

I should first clarify for others that read this that none of these are recommendations because I always look at a mattress based on what is in it not by the brand label that is on it. The forum lists I provide for the most part (unless my comments indicate otherwise) are simply possibilities and the manufacturers or brands I mention are because the odds are higher that they will disclose the materials in their mattresses and may have better quality or value but it’s important to make sure that the retailer you are dealing with is willing and able to disclose the quality of all the layers and components in any mattress you are considering so you can make meaningful comparisons. The better ones will also have the knowledge and experience to explain the difference between lower quality and higher quality materials.

This is just a name that has been given to the foam and like all gel memory foams … the quality would depend on the density and the type of gel foam they were using. With all polyfoam and memory foam (or gel memory foam) density is the most important part of its quality and durability.

Again … I don’t recommend any brand and always encourage every member to only go by the quality of the materials and their personal testing for PPP regardless of which manufacturers label is on the mattress. Having said that … Therapedic factories are often often transparent about the quality of their materials depending on which licensee factory makes them and they make some mattresses that may have better than average quality and value depending on the prices of a retailer that sells them (which is why I often mention them). Their Ecogel line or their latex hybrids are examples but again this will depend on which licensee factory makes them and on the specifics of what is in them because some licensee factories make their mattresses differently than others in different areas of the country.

There are too many variables in body types and sleeping styles along with sensitivity to pressure or support, health conditions, physiology, age, or unique circumstances not to mention thousands of possible combinations of materials, components, and mattress designs to be able to use a formula or “theory at a distance” to suggest a mattress that could possibly be more accurate than your own personal testing … especially with the guidance of a retailer with much more experience and knowledge of their own mattress designs than I have.

Post #1 here has the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices. I am happy to help the members here with “how” to choose but the specifics of what to choose is up to each individual based on their personal testing or what I call PPP (Pressure relief, Posture and alignment, and Personal preferences) or if testing isn’t possible then the with the help of a retailer or manufacturer who can provide you with ideas based on the “average” choices of other people that may be similar to you to (as long as you fit the “averages”).

All of these are major brands so it may be difficult to find out the quality of all the layers in any of these mattresses which you would need to make any kind of meaningful assessment. NXG was lower quality/density (3.5 lb) and NXG advanced was higher quality/density (5 lb) so you would need to know which layers were which material and you would also need to know the quality of all the other layers as well. As you probably know … in general I would suggest avoiding major brands or any mattress where you are not able to find out the quality of all the layers. They may be lower than their “regular” prices but their regular prices were also much too high in the first place compared to many other choices that use the same or better quality materials and sell for less.

Mattress shopping can certainly be frustrating … especially if it’s not easy to find out the details of what is in a mattress … or if you aren’t dealing with someone who understands the importance of knowing and will provide all the information you need to make good decisions and all you have to do is ask (and not track them down yourself).

Following the steps though can make things much simpler and less frustrating :slight_smile:

Phoenix