Mattress comfort layers - Memory foam

Hi Pwright1800,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :).

I moved your post to a new topic. I am sorry to hear about the multiple health conditions and about the sagging of your current mattress… I certainly understand your frustration and why you would rather have your money back than a replacement. As you found out in your research, there is little meaningful information about Rejuvagel (Rejuvigel) on their site or online in general, but you can read some comments on our site here about Rejuvigel.

Did you buy these at the Relax the back stores? Can you go and lay down and test the replacement mattresses? Or … do you have to choose blind w/o having the chance to try them? I looked up Rejuvagel, it is Rejuvigel by FXI, and google search shows different retailers, none of these show any information on websites about the product specifications and other details.

As far as Anew mattresses go, I did find some specs:

Anew 5 Mattress
Description: 12" Plush
Warranty: 10/20
Cover: Super Stretch W/ PCM’s
2" Activus Foam
3" 4lb Gel Memory Foam
7" 1.8 @ 35 ILD Poly Base Foam

Anew 6 Mattress
Description: 14" Ultra Plush
Warranty 10/20
Cover Super Stretch W/ PCM’s
3" Activus Foam
4" 4lb Gel Memory Foam
7" 1.8 @ 35 ILD Poly Base Foam

Both of these products do not have any “obvious weak links” for a normal range BMI sleeper but it is impossible for me or anyone else to make a recommendation and tell which one would be better for you, it is different for every person. I am checking specs with an industry contact regarding the Rejuvigel and will update if I hear anything.

I am sorry to hear about the complex health issues you are experiencing. A forum search on fibromyalgia (you can just click the link) will also bring up more comments and feedback from others that are in similar circumstances that may be helpful (but it will also confirm that there isn’t a single “best” combination of materials that will work for everyone with arthritis or fibromyalgia) and that nothing can replace your own personal testing, especially with specific health considerations. You’d obviously want to consider something that allows for enough surface comfort while sleeping upon your side, that as assists with enough pressure point relief to help with some of your high sensitivity, while still overall being resilient enough and provide enough support while sleeping. Overall, the two basic functions of a mattress are to support and to provide comfort (you can read more about this here), with alignment usually being the first priority and then comfort coming second.

While we can certainly help with “how” to choose … It’s not possible to make specific suggestions or recommendations for either a mattress, manufacturers/retailers, or combinations of materials or components because the first “rule” of mattress shopping is to always remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components or which type of mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, or PPP or how a mattress will “feel” to you or compare to another mattress based on specs (either yours or a mattress), sleeping positions, health conditions, or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more reliable than your own careful testing.

Even though you may just be testing these replacements, the mattress shopping tutorial can be very helpful for many people. Additionally, this how-to guide lays out many of our foundational principles on TMU.

I look forward to finding out what you decide and will certainly return here to update if we find more meaningful spec details on the Rejuvigel.

Phoenix