Mattress cover

Thanks so much! It looks really nice. Does the Sleepez case look like the one that someone originally posted? with a square type of pattern in the quilting? The picture of the bottom looks like thinner materialā€¦ Does the case fit tightly and does it feel substantial?

I will definitely get the Sleep suite cover.

Thanks again Mark.

Hi Mark in Texas,

Thanks for the pictures ā€¦ I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Thereā€™s a glitch in the forum software or code and some browsers have issues with attaching pictures. Iā€™ve edited your post so that two of the pictures that showed up as a thumbnail show up inside your post and if you have any others that you want to add youā€™re certainly welcome to email them to me at the contact link at the top of the page and Iā€™ll attach them to your post as well.

Phoenix

Hi Diane37,

I know you probably know this but just in case ā€¦ the SleepEz is an actual mattress cover with a zipper that is meant to be part of the mattress itself and enclose the materials inside. The Suite Sleep is a mattress protector that is like a fitted sheet that is meant to protect the mattress.

Phoenix

Your cover does look like mine. It photographs looking lighter than my own. Both yours & mine are darker than the picture on Amazon and are in fact a different fabric. I am glad you posted so people can see it.

I think yours looks fab on your bed!

[quote=ā€œDiane37ā€ post=35574]Thanks so much! It looks really nice. Does the Sleepez case look like the one that someone originally posted? with a square type of pattern in the quilting? The picture of the bottom looks like thinner materialā€¦ Does the case fit tightly and does it feel substantial?

I will definitely get the Sleep suite cover.

Thanks again Mark.[/quote]

Yes, itā€™s the same one - square pattern. As edited and stated, the rayon backing is knit and stretches as does the thick cotton top. Bottom is tough, sides are what they should be.

The Suite Sleep fitted cover is also of very high quality - super stretchy top and all sides, deep stretchy pockets, etc., soft cotton. It shrinks a lot upon washing.

Am darn happy with my choices!

Good luck,
Mark

Thanks K, we love the new master bedroom, itā€™s all new for our 10 year old house. I commissioned the construction of a solid walnut 5 piece bedroom suite that is really breathtaking to see in person. I have never seen such highly figured hardwood, better than gunstock quality - ribbons, swirls, burls. Finish begins with Watco Natural oil to ā€œpopā€ the grain and seal the wood and then 3 coats of pre-catalyzed lacquer over that, each coat sanded with 400 grit paper. Did some touch up painting on the walls, new carpet, hung the TV and soundbar on the opposite wall above the chest of drawers, all new linens, etc. Got all the clutter out and off and into drawers, sold the 30 year old vinyl over particle board piece of crap bedroom suite.

Interesting but the 20 year old Simmons Queen mattress set we sold was still in great condition, very comfortable, with no body impressions.

Mark

1 Like

[quote=ā€œPhoenixā€ post=35580]Hi Abraxas,

Thanks for the pictures ā€¦ I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Phoenix[/quote]

Wellā€¦weā€™ll jest have to slap each other on the butt, do a high fave and slug a brewsky ! :lol:

Thanks for the support Phoenix. Without it, this project would never have become a reality.

BTW, first night in the ā€œnewā€ bed was super comfortable. As noted previously, never would have expected such support from latex. My choices of 36 and 28 ILD for the 2 lower slabs worked. Motion transfer from partner to partner is virtually eliminated.

(Please note, original successfully edited.)

Much thanks to Jeremy and Shawn, operation managers for SleepEZ, who free gratis sent out a new mattress encasement. THAT is what service is all about. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Mark

Just noticed this PM and I think itā€™s fittinā€™ to share the info with all. Hereā€™s the PM and my response:

[i]Hi Abraxas,

I read all of your posts and have probably spent 10 hours reading mattress underground to narrow down a mattress choice. If it isnā€™t too much of a pain, do you mind sharing exactly what latex, cover, and outer protector you bought and from where? I think you posted most of this info, but I wanted to confirm what you actually purchased. Iā€™m also curious if you like the way your DIY project turned out and if the mattress cover I think you ordered of 8.5" actually fit over the three 3" layers of latex. Finally any thoughts on four layers vs three? 9" seems pretty thin for a mattress but maybe for latex it is normal. Thanks again, I canā€™t wait to finish this mini project!

Best[/i]

Howdy, already stated info on the encasement and cover above. The SleepEZ 10,000 cover is designed to encase 9" of foam and does it very well. There are no sags, held it tight and firm, but If I were a bettinā€™ man, I probably could work an 1" of foam over the 9" already encased. If I later play games with that choice Iā€™d probably go with an inch of 14 ILD. If youā€™ve got romping kids, pets, or bed time activities that 14 might wear out in 4 years or so.

As to the gutsā€¦after weeks of research I found what I consider the best price and materials. Dunlop versus taladay, Radium versus LI versus chinese latex, ebay versusā€¦you get the picture. :unsure: Wonā€™t get into the ā€œnaturalā€ versus blended debate but for durability, price and comfort I went with Latex Internationalā€™s proprietary talalay Talatech synthetic latex/natural latex blend. Contrary to what others might tell you, itā€™s a 70/30 blend, not a 60/40, the latter being a sales pitch.

Three 3" slabs (yes, they are a full 3" thick), $100 per inch for queen size plus shipping, no tax, purchased directly from the company/manufacturer dba KTT Enterprises. You will NOT find a better price, plus youā€™re assured of getting the real deal. The Latex Intern. logo is molded into the side of the slabs. For support I went with 36 ILD (firm) and 28 ILD (medium) over thatā€¦for the plush topper 19 ILD (ultra-plush). Dick Coffery, the son of the founder and his chemist dad Bill, and wife Nancy Coffey run the plant/biz. Theyā€™ll do right by you and save you mega bucks. Maureen who works with Dick and Nancy is an excellent resource regarding choosing materials, etc. All have been in the biz for a long time.

I did a knock off of the Latex Bliss ā€œBeautifulā€ at less than 1/3 the cost. FYI, Latex Bliss uses LIā€™s talalay foam. You asked about thicknessā€¦ Latex Bliss uses 12" of foam in their ā€œBeautifulā€ mattress - big time overkill. You can get where you want to go with a 9" thick mattress. List - $4,200 for the ā€œBeautifulā€. http://www.latexbliss.com/shop/mattresses/natural/pure-latexbliss-queen-beautiful-activefusion-regbase

Didnā€™t go with the Active Fusion foam either. Heard from a reliable source that itā€™s worthless, in the real world, and thatā€™s all that counts, eh? :slight_smile:

Good luck,
Mark

Is there a big difference between the two different mattress covers shown in this thread? What is the advantage of the ā€œstretchā€ version? We recently ordered the ā€œspecialā€ from SleepEZ and received the organic cotton cover shown in Abraxas first post in this thread.

After itā€™s all said and done, some, but I have to admit it is suttle. The replacement I got is a bit more stretchy, I donā€™t get a hammock effect which you will with a non-stretch encasement and/or cover. Like I said in previous posts, I want to feel the plush 19 ILD topper. It is plush yet firm and supportive having excellent ā€œpush backā€, resiliency.

Choice is up to you. Try this. Find the top of the cover, turn it over to reveal the rayon and pull on a sayā€¦10" wide section with both hands, each way. If you want stretch and it works for you, then go with it.

Mark

Was it $100 per inch excluding shipping? Your wording is slightly ambiguous so itā€™s not clear if you meant $100 total after shipping or $100 just for the latex and then you paid additional shipping costs.

Sean, like I said, 9" X $100=$900, plus shipping costs. You want a 2" queen slab for a topper, the price is $200. Compare that to $383 for the exact same latex product at other vendors like SLB - TALALAY LATEX MATTRESS TOPPERS & CORES ā€“ SleepLikeABear.com

9" of latex ($900), add the cost of a mattress encasement ($100-300) and voila, you have your new mattress! :slight_smile:

Mark

Iā€™m interested in this mattress protector, but like you, do not want a dark colored pattern. Does ordering from sleep suite directly get the lighter color they show?

Whereas the cheaper one from amazon has the dark color? Confusing as I see both patterns on amazon - look at queen size, has red vines, look at king, they are tan
https://www.amazon.com/Suite-Sleep-Organic-Stretch-Mattress/dp/B005OLMLXO

Anyhow, just curious if you were able to discern from your calls if all sellers ship the red vine pattern even though a lot of the pictures show the tan? Like you, I donā€™t want a pattern to show through my white sheets.

[quote=ā€œKSueSmithā€ post=35489]Over a week ago I bought that Suite Sleep cover. Well, I tried to anyway. What I got is oatmeal colored with large loopy vines that are darker than the background. I thought I received the wrong product. I called The Clean Bedroom, which at the time of my sale was listed as the sold by shipped from company.

The Clean Bedroom had no record of me & I had just dropped $199.00. Then I noticed my invoice was from The Organic Mattress because TCB dropped the order to TOM. So I call them. The Organic Mattress sells this product, but had no idea that they had changed fabrics until I my call.

The Organic Mattress suggested I call Suite Sleep. At Suite Sleep I spoke with a very knowledgeable person, Angela O., who said that they had to change fabrics for a few reasons & that the fabric is GOTS certified organic, but not sewn in a organic shop, which is cost prohibitive & doesnā€™t diminish the quality. She also said I was only the second person to complain about the switch. Make of that what you will. :dry:

I am feeling sullen because I really wanted it to look like the pic, but I decided to keep it because it is organic cotton. The Organic Mattress people emailed & want me to be happy. They said they would take steps to see that the pic on Amazon is changed but after & seeing the same pic of the cover I wanted I wonder if people are receiving a different cover than they expected & hoped for, like I did. I explained to The Organic Mattress that people were going to be disappointed in not getting the depicted product. I also told them I think it will still be a good seller if people see the actual product picture.

It is stretchy.

I can see the design through my soft but not thick GOTS organic sheets in natural.

Hope you get what is pictured. Amazon.com

Phoenix -

This is a VERY old post I am responding to, but I have a cover like the one mentioned here (in the first post).

I am not worried it might have fiberglass in the sides of it. Do we have any evidence on this? I donā€™t see a law tag that specifies the materials in the cover. I called Sleepez and they generically told me they donā€™t use fiberglass, but this is an old cover and it isnā€™t clear they really know about this specific item.

Any information or way I can find out would be great. Thanks!

Phoenix -

This is a VERY old post I am responding to, but I have a cover like the one mentioned here (in the first post).

I am now worried it might have fiberglass in the sides of it. Do we have any evidence on this? I donā€™t see a law tag that specifies the materials in the cover. I called Sleepez and they generically told me they donā€™t use fiberglass, but this is an old cover and it isnā€™t clear they really know about this specific item.

Any information or way I can find out would be great. Thanks!

Edit: I wrote ā€œnotā€ worried but I mean I am now worried

If you do NOT have the law tag & you need to put your mind at ease in an effort to regain your restful sleep:

Here is my advice, & I have worked with PLENTY of fiberglass in multiple forms, so am speaking from my own direct experience:

You will need the following items, which most people have: a pair of good scissors, a flashlight, 1 pair of latex/plastic disposable gloves

Do not omit the gloves 1st, just in case your suspicions of fiberglass content are correct-because fiberglass is NASTY ITCHY stuff & you will want to protect your hands while doing this simple experiment, or it will take a week or so for the glass to work itā€™s way out of your skin, & is a miserable experience.

Chose a place to make a slice in your mattress cover so that you may inspect the suspect individual layers. You may want to do this BOTH on the sides & on top.
Cut out a 1" or so piece from each sample area

Mash, mangle, pull apart & roll this cut out sample piece IN YOUR GLOVED HANDS until it is in as many small pieces as possible.
If it does not come apart, once cut away from the mattress cover, thatā€™s fine, continue this experiment, it will still work, because fiberglass leaves residue no matter what-even in fabric form, so still mash/tear it & try to fray the material as much as possible.

Now inspect your GLOVED HANDS, use the flashlight to enhance any reflection of the tiniest of glass particles.

*IF you have fiberglass-you WILL see the undeniable characteristic glass particle reflections on your gloved hands, kind of like a white or silver glitter.
You can not miss it if it is there.
Fiberglass particles have a characteristic look, no matter how small, it is not mistaken for just about any other material.
If you do not see any glittering glass reflections-youā€™re all good.

This will cost you nothing to do yourself, but you will have a holes in your matteress cover, which you can patch.
Having PEACE of mind is priceless when it comes to sleep.

May the odds be ever in your favor
:kiss:

[quote=ā€œCatia post=93804ā€]If you do NOT have the law tag & you need to put your mind at ease in an effort to regain your restful sleep:

Here is my advice, & I have worked with PLENTY of fiberglass in multiple forms, so am speaking from my own direct experience:

You will need the following items, which most people have: a pair of good scissors, a flashlight, 1 pair of latex/plastic disposable gloves

Do not omit the gloves 1st, just in case your suspicions of fiberglass content are correct-because fiberglass is NASTY ITCHY stuff & you will want to protect your hands while doing this simple experiment, or it will take a week or so for the glass to work itā€™s way out of your skin, & is a miserable experience.

Chose a place to make a slice in your mattress cover so that you may inspect the suspect individual layers. You may want to do this BOTH on the sides & on top.
Cut out a 1" or so piece from each sample area

Mash, mangle, pull apart & roll this cut out sample piece IN YOUR GLOVED HANDS until it is in as many small pieces as possible.
If it does not come apart, once cut away from the mattress cover, thatā€™s fine, continue this experiment, it will still work, because fiberglass leaves residue no matter what-even in fabric form, so still mash/tear it & try to fray the material as much as possible.

Now inspect your GLOVED HANDS, use the flashlight to enhance any reflection of the tiniest of glass particles.

*IF you have fiberglass-you WILL see the undeniable characteristic glass particle reflections on your gloved hands, kind of like a white or silver glitter.
You can not miss it if it is there.
Fiberglass particles have a characteristic look, no matter how small, it is not mistaken for just about any other material.
If you do not see any glittering glass reflections-youā€™re all good.

This will cost you nothing to do yourself, but you will have a holes in your matteress cover, which you can patch.
Having PEACE of mind is priceless when it comes to sleep.

May the odds be ever in your favor
:kiss:[/quote]

Thanks! The fabric does sparkle. The company says that the sparkling is from silica that is in the rayon fabric - not fiberglass. For what its worth, I donā€™t see a ton outside of the mattress or sticking into the foam, but I am leery to look too closely. Iā€™m not sure what I make of it all.