MATTRESS FIRM

I am looking for information on a company called “Mattress Firm”. Apparently they are a very big nationwide company and I am trying to find out what kind of reputation they have or any information you might have. I live in Wisconsin so perhaps specifically. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi smmimp14,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Your best source for information about Mattress Firm would be a simple internet search, and you’d come up with more information than you’d ever want to learn about Mattress Firm, as they are the largest mattress retailer in North America :ohmy: . The purpose of this forum isn’t necessarily to talk about businesses, but instead to teach people how to pick a mattress. You can also perform a search here on the forum for Mattress Firm and see the results that will populate there.

Many of the largest mattress retailers in the North America (like Mattress Firm) offer the major brands such as Sealy/Stearns & Foster, Simmons, and Serta, that all tend to use lower quality and less durable materials in their mattresses than most of their smaller competitors that will tend to soften or break down prematurely relative to the price you pay. This is why I would generally suggest avoiding all of them completely (along with the major retailers that focus on them) regardless of how they may feel in a showroom along with any mattress where you aren’t able to find out the type and quality/durability of the materials inside it (see the guidelines here along with post #3 here and post #12 here and post #404 here).

I would instead recommend that you assess whether a specific mattress would make a suitable choice for you in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP … that uses materials that are durable enough for your weight/BMI range … and that meets all the other parts of your personal value equation that are important to you on a “mattress by mattress” basis, rather than on a “brand by brand” basis or “store by store” basis.

If you’re curious about Mattress Firm for reasons other than mattresses, you may wish to search specifically within the industry trade publication Furniture Today, which will have quite a bit of information about Mattress Firm, most notably their recent acquisition by Steinhoff.

Phoenix