Mattress for 2

I’ve had my current mattress for 12 years. For the past couple years I have had continuous issues with back and neck pain. I thought it was my pillow and have put a lot of effort into finding the right pillow. Finally, I have come to the conclusion that it is actually the bed. We have decided it is time to get a new one.

The issue for us is I am an almost exclusively side sleeper and my partner is an a stomach sleeper. How can we possibly find a bed that works for both of us?? It seems like I need a lot of cush on top and he should have almost none.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi emahon,

After 12 years it’s probably a safe assumption that your mattress is past its useful lifetime and “due date” to be replaced.

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place I would start your research is the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the most suitable and best quality/value choice … and know how to avoid the worse ones.

The first part of post #2 here has more about couples that have different body types or sleeping styles and have different needs and preferences. There are mattresses that that use materials and have designs that can accommodate these types of differences (that your personal testing with the help of a knowledgeable salesperson will help you identify) and some manufacturers also offer a side to side split which can also be a very useful option.

If you follow the steps in the tutorial post one by one you will have very high odds of making a great choice :).

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know of any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix