Mattress for the kids

I’m looking for a new mattress for my daughter. She likes the icomfort insight, but I hate dealing with the stores that sell it. Is there an independent seller for a comparable mattress? She is a freshman in high school and not very big so it does not have to have amazing longevity.

Hi amitygirl,

The first place I would start your research is the tutorial post here which has the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible purchase for your daughter.

The tutorial also includes a link to a list of several of the better retailers and manufacturers that sell memory foam mattresses online and some of these may sell a mattress that is a reasonable approximation to the iComfort insight (which is a fairly basic mattress with about 2" of gel memory foam over a firmer support core which is similar to many of the more basic online mattresses).

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know of any local options or possibilities I’m aware of in case you are more comfortable purchasing a mattress locally that your daughter can test first.

Phoenix

Thanks. I have done some research but would like to try some more out before buying. I’m outside of Richmond VA at 23059.

Hi amymitgirl,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Richmond, VA area are listed in post #5 here.

Phoenix

I live in 23059, too, and bought my daughter a mattress from Haynes (the Dump is owned by Haynes, too.) We bought a Paramount Dr. Maas mattress last March, and although 10 months is not a long period of time, the mattress seems to be holding up well for my petite daughter at 109 lbs. There is minimal indentation and the mattress is , for her, the most comfortable she has ever slept on. Sure, no one knows the exact components of the layers, but if it lasts through high school, 5 more years, it will be a bargain. Original Mattress Factory on Broad St made excellent mattresses, only slightly more expensive, but daughter wasn’t as comfortable. See this post:

https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/innerspring-mattress-for-a-teenager-in-richmond-va

Good luck!