Mattress is too hot

Thank you so much for this wonderful and helpful site. I recently purchased a Simmons Beautyrest Black (Mariela Luxury Firm) from Jordan’s Furniture. It is an innerspring mattress with a layer of memory foam on top which is supposed to have some cooling technology. I love the memory foam and I am waking up with significantly less back pain than on the old mattress, but I am dying of heat. We use thin cotton bedding (low thread count) and a thin comforter. I have 60 days to exchange this mattress. Do I need to completely give up the memory foam, or do other companies have cooler ones? Is there anything else I should look for that would give me the same or similar pressure relief without making me overheat?
Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Hi Srabson,

Memory foam is hot by nature. Because of its high density and the fact that it moulds and contours your body, it tends to prevent heat from dissipating and therefor creating a hot sleep surface for some.
Since memory foam is temperature-sensitive it softens with your body heat, and will retain some of this warmth, and insulate you as well. Due to this, memory foam does tend to sleep warmer than other materials.
I do not know of any other cooler memory foams, as even the open cell and gel memory foams tend to sleep hot for about 35% of the population.

I suggest a soft talalay or dunlop latex top layer or topper, as these materials sleep neutral, are great at reducing pressure points and outlast most of the low density foams used in conventional mattresses.

Did I answer all your question?
Please let me know if you need any further information.

All the Best!

Mario