Mattress Law Tag Does Not Match What I Bought

Hello! I just purchased a mattress from southerland inc. and I understood my mattress to be 1.5" talalay latex on top, followed by a 1" layer of 5lb memory foam in the comfort layer.

My law tag on my mattress says:
"ALL NEW MATERIALS CONSISTING OF:
Polyurethane Foam: 46%
Polyester Fiber: 46%
Visco Elastic Foam: 8%

Shouldn’t this law tag have latex somewhere in it if I bought a mattress with latex in the eurotop? The mattress appears the be the exact same mattress that I tried in the store and spent hours asking about the materials in, in person.

@Arizona_Premium

1 Like

Hi andrew,

I was checking southerland’s website and could not find any mattress with this description. Would you be able to provide the model of mattress you purchased?

Maverick,

This is the Law Tag of my mattress: Southerland Mattress - Album on Imgur
NAME: 660 DEL NORTE BT 6/6
ITEM ID: S3MLDN1PB17680

The law tag item description is not at all what I thought I was buying in terms of materials. I was anticipating a latex and memory foam layer, as well as an innercoil system. No innercoil is mentioned either.

From my understanding, the del norte is a rebranding of the southerland mattress line. It also says SAMPLE and has a prototype number. Thanks for all the help

What model did you buy? There appears to be a few of the signature hybrids that have at lease one layer talalay (copper infused, gel infused), though I don’t think I saw one that had a 1.5 inch layer.

Typically if the material makes up 5% or more it would be listed so what does that tell you?

1 Like