Mattress Missing Tag

I have a Sealy Posturpedic Rivercrest Queen Memory Foam. I believe it’s about 10 years old. While inspecting it for the mattress law tag label, I couldn’t find one. I did see the ‘name’ tag on one end of the mattress and a small tag that said something about do not remove for it would void warranty and some sort of number, but this tag had no date or other info.

The mattress was purchased from a furniture store. It was in a warehouse and bagged.

Is there a reason there was no mattress law tag label?

Thanks

Hi vajim,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

It sounds as if the “Do Not Remove Under Penalty Of Law” would have been your law tag, as that’s the verbiage commonly found on it. It’s possible part of it is sewn into the mattress, or part could have ripped off, or being 10 years old, the ink printed on it could have faded. Without being in front of your mattress, I couldn’t really give more than general statements. Additionally, being 10 years old, it’s possible your law tag has fallen off over the years. Is there a particular reason you’re looking for a law tag on such an old mattress?

Phoenix

Thank you

I was trying to confirm the date it was made. I ended up calling the salesman I bought it from and he told me that he too felt it was about 10 years old. The tag I’m referring to is the long (3"x6"??) that contains info such as what’s inside, date of production, etc. I never saw it.

Like I said, it does have a small tag or sticker on the end of the mattress that says no to remove it due to the warranty. Then there is a number or code. That’s it… This tag is about 1"x2"…??

Looking to get a new mattress very soon for this one has become (for me) unbearable.

Thanks for your time.

Hi vajim,

Ah, I think you’re referring to a STICKER that is placed on the bottom of your mattress with a bar code and a number? That is something Sealy does for tracking and for potential warranty issues.

The larger tag you’re referring to is the actual law tag, and it is normally sewn into the tape edge of the product near the head of the mattress. If yours isn’t there, I can only assume it has been torn away throughout the years. Sometimes you can find remnants of it in the tape edge/welting.

If you’re eventually going to start looking for a new mattress, be sure to start your research with a good read through the mattress shopping tutorial here. I’ll be happy to help with any new questions you might come up with.

Phoenix