Mattress Pad Puddle Protector

Hi bermannyc,

You can see some general comments about how wool quilted mattress protectors can differ from each other in post #2 here. While it would depend to some degree on the type of wool in the protector and on how it was felted, or needle punched to densify the wool … in very general terms thicker layers of wool will have a bigger effect on the feel and contouring of the layers below it than thinner layers of wool in a protector although some people may prefer the greater temperature regulating effect of thicker layers of wool as well. The post I linked also includes a link to my comments about the Natura Protect Deluxe which is the only one I’m personally familiar with and which we have been using for over 4 years. It also includes a thin semi breathable waterproof membrane backing which makes it more waterproof than other wool mattress protectors that don’t have the membrane but it can also reduce ventilation and airflow. It is also thicker than some of the others so it would have a bigger effect on the overall feel of the mattress than some of the others as well.

I don’t know how much wool is in the Glideaway Comfort Premier but it also has a semi breathable waterproof membrane as well. I haven’t seen any comments on the forum from any members that own it.

The Dormeir has less wool and has a cotton terry fabric which has a little bit of stretch so it would probably have the least effect on the mattress of any of the wool quilted protectors (at least that I’m aware of). It also doesn’t have a membrane so it would be water resistant more than waterproof but it would also be more breathable than the others.

The Gotcha Covered is one of the thin membrane types of protectors and it uses a more stretchy knit fabric without any wool so it would have the least effect on the feel of the mattress out of the 4 protectors that you listed.

Thanks for the heads up about the dead link as well. I’ve corrected it in the mattress protector reference post.

Phoenix