Mattress Protector that Won't Diminish the Effect of Memory Foam Mattress

Hello,

I recently bought a memory foam mattress and really enjoy the sinking in feel of it. When I put a mattress pad on it, it seems like that diminishes the memory foam effect I love. I have a Protect-a-Bed mattress protector, but I always sleep hot on it. I want to protect my new investment but need something that won’t sleep hot or prevent the memory foam from working. I am considering just putting a 100% cotton sheet under the bedsheets. There is no danger of pet urine, drinks spilling or bedwetting, I just want to protect it from body oils and sweat. I also don’t want to add a mattress pad because I like the feel of the mattress itself. I did find a post on this topic from 2016, but the link to post #89 doesn’t work. I would like to know if 1) mattress pads and protectors do interfere with the function of memory foam, and 2) if there are recommended mattress protectors for memory foam? Thank you!

Hi Kathy,

Welcome to the MattressUnderGround and joining our forum as a new MUGster.

The best protector that will address your criteria is one made with cotton or bamboo. Preferably a stretchy knit to allow the memory foam expand naturally to maintain its characteristics.

Trusted Members such as @TheCleanBedroom and @CozyPure along with a few others have exactly what you are looking for.

Maverick

Hi Kathy, and Welcome!

Something stretchy, rather than woven, will complement the feel of your mattress. This Suite Sleep cotton mattress protector would work well and is popular with those who purchase a latex mattress. It is thin enough that you should still be able to ‘feel’ the mattress, as it is a protector, not a pad.
The cotton would be breathable and cooler as it is a natural fiber.
If you have questions, give us a call or reach out on our chat! Hope this helps.

Thank you! These look really good, but pricey! I’ll have to think about it. I take it these are not waterproof? (I don’t want waterproof, just checking.)

Here is another that is stretchy and slightly cheaper: Hudson mattress protector And be sure to use the discount code that you’ll find on our Trusted Member page!

1 Like