Mattress reccomendation for split king coming fom Casper Original

Hi, I didn’t realize there was a dedicated forum to ask directly to Sleep EZ so I’m cross posting here:

We’re coming from the original Casper mattress as I’ve been struggling with horrible lower to mid back pain in the morning for quite some time. I previously flew helicopters for a living and assumed it was just that but lately have been researching and figured it might be the bed. I (6 foot 1 and 230 lbs) felt the original casper was a bit firm and my wife (5 foot 5 and 110lbs) couldn’t sleep on it due to the firmness. We purchased a 2 inch bamboo memory topper and the wife has been happy with the bed ever since. I think the bed is comfortable but I wake up in pain every morning. My wife is mostly a side sleeper though she does end up on her back from time to time. I typically fall asleep on my side but I always wake up on my back, some people I’ve talked to say this might be because of the bed. Our current bed “feels fine” but I can only stay on my side for so long, my shoulder begins to get sore making me think it’s too firm. When I was younger I would occasionally sleep on the floor (always on my back) and enjoyed it and the return to comfort the next night.

After much research I think I like the offerings and return policy from SleepEz. I’m looking for a split king setup and their configurator is recommending (9 inch) a Tala Soft Top, Med Middle and Firm Bottom for my wife, while they recommend a Med Tala. top, Med Middle, Firm bottom for me. Is there any other advice you could give me on this or does it all seem good? I want to make sure it’s soft enough for the wife and she doesn’t like firmness at all and is quite light. I want to make sure I’m comfortable enough to side or back sleep. In the event that we both need to tweak the firmness are we able to each swap a layer within the 60 days for a single 30 dollar fee or will that be considered two swaps?

Hi Ribido and thanks for the inquiry! I know I already talked to you and you already placed the order (thank you so much for the order by the way!) But I’ll answer your questions here just for future readers. Please keep in mind that our initial recommendations have a 90% success rate (we only have a 10% layer exchange rate and a 3%-4% return rate) so there’s a 90% chance that the above recommendation works perfectly for you. Aside from that, though, I would definitely recommend our 10" mattress over the 9". The difference between the 9" and the 10" is that the 9" has a 2" top layer whereas the 10" has three 3" layers. Since the top layer is normally the softest layer, this means that the 9" is a bit firmer than the 10". I recommend the 10" for most people, actually, but given your pressure sensitivity issues and the fact that your wife likes the feel of the topper she has, I’m confident that 3" of Talalay at the top will be better than 2" of Talalay.

We have a 90 day exchange and return period, so you can exchange a layer within the first 90 days for a flat-rate $30 fee for the first exchange and the full cost of shipping for any subsequent exchanges), and you can get up to two half layers per exchange. Each shipment is considered one exchange, it doesn’t matter whether it’s one full layer, one half layer, or two half layers.