Mattress recommendation for hot sleepers in Canada

Hi,

I am new here and looking for help in finding a mattress. Currently owning a Zinus Memory Foam that I bought from Amazon 3 years ago and want to replace it as my girlfriend gets very hot at night.

I’ve been doing some research and read this forum about best cooling materials and from what I understand I should be looking at a mattress with no foam at all. Which doesn’t seem to exist on the market. I believe even the innerspring ones have some sort of foam at the top.

Can you guys please help us with a recommendation? Should we look for all latex (Talalay?) or a hybrid? We’re both side sleepers so looking for a medium firm mattress. Our budget is $1,000 - $1,500 and we live in Toronto, Canada. I couldn’t find many options within this price range which could be shipped here.

Thanks!

What size bed?
What are your preferred sleeping positions? What are your weights?
Have you tried any all latex mattresses in stores (realizing this may not have been possible for some time or right now either).
Memory foam is known for being hot because you sink into it. It may not be that you need as much cooling as simply not having memory foam if that makes sense. My wife and I sleep on an all latex bed and it is much cooler than when the top layer was memory foam. YMMV.

Queen.

Side and stomach.

135 and 154 lbs.

No, we haven’t and yes, it’s not possible to try anything in store at the moment due to COVID-19. I’m hoping that most retailers offer a trial period though.

The one with memory foam top was hybrid innerspring and memory foam top? That’s interesting. Is the one you have Talalay or Dunlop latex, and if you’re living in Canada may I ask where did you get it from?

I’m in the US. We ended up getting a 20 ILD soft Dunlop 3" layer but many people prefer Talalay for the top layer as it may feel somewhat softer than Dunlop at the same ILD (a measure of firmness, the higher the number the more firm the foam.)