Mattress Repurchase Original Mattress Factory

We purchased the orthopedic ultra plush mattress from The Original Mattress Factory 14 years ago and have absolutely loved it. I really like the fact that it is two sided and can be flipped. We noticed that recently we are both sleeping on the edge of the bed more than we have in the past. Is it time for a new mattress? We flip and rotate frequently. We were so happy with this mattress we are considering purchasing another one even though we now live in Arizona where there is no store. We also noticed that the have a prorated warranty and wonder if this will apply. We are also interested in non-chemically treated materials and believe this mattress would fall into that category. We appreciate your thoughts and feedback on these topics.

Hi Pamkae,

If you have visible impressions in the mattress that are deeper than the OMF warranty exclusion for your mattress and you also meet all their other warranty criteria (no stains on the matttress, suitable foundation etc) then the warranty would apply to you although if a warranty claim is approved there may be significant shipping involved to ship your mattress to OMF and for them to ship it back to you which may mean that a warranty claim wouldn’t be worth it even if it was approved.

While the foams in your OMF matttresses are made from petrochemicals (like all polyfoam and memory foam) … they probably don’t have fire retardant chemicals added to the foam (which is more common in the furniture industry than the mattress industry which tends to use fire barriers). Post #2 here and the posts it links to has more information about safe, natural, organic, “chemical free”, and green mattresses and mattress materials that can help you sort through some of the marketing information and terminology that you will encounter in the industry and can help you differentiate between them and decide on the types of materials you are most comfortable having in your mattress and help you answer “how safe is safe enough for me”. These types of issues are complex and are generally specific to each person and their individual sensitivities, circumstances, and specific criteria.

Hopefully you have read the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices regardless of the criteria which are most important to you.

I don’t know where you are in Arizona but if you happen to be in the Phoenix area you would have some great options available because 4 of the members of this site are based there. The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Phoenix area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #4 here.

Phoenix

Lucky me. I am in the Phoenix area and will check these out. Thank you!