Mattress Shopping

My husband and I are starting (and hopefully finishing) our search for a new mattress. After looking for a new mattress off and on for the past few years we are thoroughly confused and have realized we don’t know where to start. Unfortunately, with three small children finding time to shop is very difficult. The more we can simplify the process and know what we are looking for the better.

We live in Albuquerque, NM. My husband is 5’11", 150 lbs and sleeps on his back and side. I am 5’3", 120 lbs and sleep on my side and occasionally my back. We would like to try a memory foam mattress and need to stay below about $1500. How do we start our search?

Hi shadowfox606,

The first place to start your search is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

When you are ready to start testing mattresses in the stores then the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Albuquerque area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix