mattress store

So my wife and I need a new bed, a water logged ceiling fell on ours. We went to a local store Metro Mattress but because of horrific consumer affairs reviews I’m cancelling that order which is like 3200 dollars. I was thinking of going with a Tuft and Needle mattress after reading your thoughts on them and comments on Amazon. I think I want to also get an adjustable frame. I’m a 40 yr old vet with some disability in my legs and back and my wife has snoring, back problems. I was wondering if this seems like a good plan to you?

Hi Darbok,

Unfortunately that’s too broad of a question for me to answer (it’s somewhat like asking what clothes should I wear today or what should I eat today) but the mattress shopping tutorial here (there is a longer and a shorter version) includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that I would suggest that can help you with how to make the best possible choices based on all the criteria that are most important to you … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones. Tuft and Needle is one of the members here which means that I think highly of them and I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency but they are one of many good options that are available to you.

Two of the more important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you read are post #2 here about the different ways to choose the most suitable mattress (either locally or online) that can help you identify and minimize the risks involved with each of them and post #13 here about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

The tutorial post includes two links to the better online options I’m aware of (in the optional online step) and if you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know about the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area as well.

There is more about choosing an adjustable bed in post #3 here and the adjustable bed topic that it links to that can help you choose an adjustable bed based on price vs features comparisons and also includes some retailers that you can use as good sources of information about the features of the adjustable beds they carry and as pricing references as well.

Phoenix

my zipcode is 13021

Hi Darbok,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Syracuse area (subject to the value guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix