Mattress stores near Rapid City, SD that are reputable

Hi,

I’m new here and have been searching for a new mattress for a couple years now. I tried a tempurpedic a little over a year ago and it was awful for me. Slept hot, but it literally was the kind of hot that made me feel ill. I don’t know how to describe it. I have very few choices locally where I can shop for a mattress. So I’ve been doing a ton of research online. I have tried several mattresses at the stores here. Only two did i just about fall asleep on at the store, but they are wayyy out of my price range. They were the Aireloom Preferred Solano Luxetop Plush Mattress, and the Aireloom Preferred Avila Luxetop Plush Mattress at Denver Mattress. I don’t know what they are called other places as they all seem to have different names. Everything else feels too firm to me. I am currently on a 20+ year old sleep number bed. I am a very petite person. I am 5’2" and 90 lbs. So I often wake up with sore shoulders on my current set up. I have been seriously looking at DIY, but again no one here does that as far as I know. If you know of anyone near Rapid City, SD that does, I would love to find out who that is. I will start here and possibly ask more later. I am still reading through everything and learning a lot!

Thank you!

The Airelooms you tried are very good. They are probably a rebadged Aireloom M1 Plush and M2 Plush. M1 is 1 row of micro coils and M2 is 2 rows of micro coils.Search on ebay, Facebook marketplace and craigslist for the mattress on there. I dont think you can DIY to replicate Aireloom.

John

Search youtube for Aireloom Mattress Reviews. Ask for Richard. He has great prices and ships nationwide.

John

Hi John,

Are you referring to Richard at lamattresspros on YouTube? And yeah I probably won’t be able to replicate it with a DIY, but am open to other ideas with similar feel. My original thought was to go all latex even though it’s a different feel because I want to go as natural as I can. But unfortunately I have yet to find a place here with something to try in person. I may have to travel.

Thanks!

That is the Richard at LA Mattress Pro. Give him a call. He is knowledgable about mattresses.

Try King Koil Pure Bliss Latex Brook or Genesis. Nationwide retailer. Search for a store near you.

John

Hey Sophie28.

You could do the DIY yourself and have it shipped to you :slight_smile: Sites like Arizona Premium Mattress and DIY Mattress are a great place to start. Ken Hightower owns AZ Premium and is exceptionally knowledgable and would be happy and willing to walk you through picking the right materials for your support and comfort preferences.

You may also find the Nest Bedding Sparrow mattress in plush to be a good option.

In terms of the DIY, are you wanting something sort of local so you can try it as you go? Are you able/willing to travel at all?

NikkiTMU

Hi NikkiTMU,

I would love to stay local but I have been scouring the web the last 2 weeks and have been unable to find any local places where I could DIY. I can travel if need be. But I wonder if there are places here I just haven’t found yet.

I wondered about nest. I was trying to stay away from some of the foam materials they use in their Sparrow, but I do realize the Airleoom’s also use some other foams besides latex. My original goal, due to lung issues & other health issues, was to go all latex. Nest has The Owl as well with latex, and an all latex but may be too firm.

I have looked at both DIY and Arizona Premium (among just a few), and I am looking for a place with either a good return policy, or comfort exchange because of issues I’ve had in the past finding a mattress that will work. I have read on here about return policies and comfort exchanges so am considering all options at this point.

I wish I had more options here to try out mattresses for the PPP, like the latex options. To at least see if it would work. I’ve laid on a couple of latex in the past but it’s been awhile. And it wasn’t for too terribly long so I don’t feel like I had a good idea of what it would be like. That’s why I wish I had a place close to try it again.

I remembered while doing more searching last night that one I liked at Urban Mattress many years ago, was the Camelia but at the time it was way over my price range. I may have to make a trip to try it out again and some latex while I’m at it.

But if you have any suggestions for zip code 57702, please let me know.

Sophie28

Hi John,

I checked and no one here carries King Coil. Kingsdown, but not King Coil. I will give Richard a call sometime this week just to see what he says.

Sophie28