Mattress with no foam or latex

I just discovered this site and I am so thankful for it. We would like to buy a bed with no foam or latex of any kind. We have looked at the very high end Hastens and VI-Spring but we just don’t know if any bed is worth $20K. We are now looking at Custom Comfort Mattresses in Los Angeles. I guess my question would be if you know of any manufacturers in San Diego that make mattresses with no foam or latex. Thanks so much for any advice we get.

Hi ahill03,

The only manufacturer I know in San Diego that makes a mattress with no foam at all is Escondido Mattress Factory who can still make an old fashioned innerspring mattress with tufted cotton padding that will last “forever”. You could add a wool topper to this if you wanted to sleep on wool. They are also a member of this site which means I consider them to be among the best quality/value in the country.

http://www.davisworld.com/ also has a mattress that is made with cotton (like a futon) and is wrapped with wool.

Post #4 here also has a list of some of the manufacturers that make innerspring / natural fiber mattresses and if you call them they would be able to tell you if there are any retailers in your area that carry them

Phoenix