Mattresses similar to Dreamfoam for comparison

Hi,

Looking through all these messages, I see that a lot of people think highly of the Dreamfoam line. I’m going to start my search soon, now that I’ve read every article on this site and a good deal of the forum messages (my head is spinning, wish me luck :wink: .

I’ll consider all local mattresses, but at the same time, I would like to get an idea of what the Dreamfoam mattresses are like. Since it’s probably unreasonable to ask for addresses of some of the forum members so I come over and spend the night, the next best thing would be to know of big-name mattresses commonly found in stores that have a similar structure and feel.

I’ve seen a few posts where people have compared the Ultimate Dreams 13" gel memory foam mattress to the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe. I should be able to find one of those to try. How about the UD Latex or the Eurotop Latex? Has anyone ever made a comparison of those to other mattresses? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This is a great site. Who knew there was so much to learn about mattresses.
Thanks.

Hi Roddy,

The Ultimate Dreams isn’t a single mattress because you have the option to choose the firmness of your comfort layer so there wouldn’t be a single mattress that it “matched” or even “approximated”. Post #2 here though should be helpful in how to find mattresses that would be similar in design (if not in firmness levels) and could help you make your firmness choice.

If you let me know the city or zip where you are I’d be happy to let you know of any options in the area that you could call to see if they had a mattress with a similar design that you could use as a guideline.

Phoenix