Mattresses similar to Four Seasons Hotels' Stearns & Foster, Simmons model?

I know that Four Seasons Hotels used to have custom mattresses made by Stearns & Foster, and are now switching to a Simmons model. I slept on the former - best sleep ever - and would like to buy an equivalent in King or Cal King. Four Seasons does sell their beds directly - albeit at rather steep prices. Therefore, I wonder if I could find the same (or very similar) models by both manufacturers, at other retailers. I am guessing the hotel would say that their beds are custom and are unavailable elsewhere. But I am guessing (nay, hoping, and could be wrong) that they are derivations of other, more widely available models.

Does anyone know which models from both Stearns & Foster and Simmons most closely resemble those offered by the Four Seasons? For example are S&F Lake Shore (Costco) or Hotel Collections similar?

1 Like

Hi MatterssHunter,

You are heading in a very risky direction and I would read post #3 here and the posts it links to about hotel mattresses before you go any further.

I would also make sure you have read the tutorial post here before buying any mattress. It has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choice ā€¦ and know how to avoid the worst ones (including the major brands or any manufacturer who doesnā€™t disclose the quality of the materials inside their mattress).

You can read more about matching one mattress to another in post #9 here but if the mattress you are trying to match doesnā€™t provide the information you would need about the materials inside it then the only way to ā€œmatchā€ it would be based on your own subjective perceptions about which mattress ā€œfeels likeā€ the mattress you are trying to match and subjective perceptions that are based on memory and arenā€™t making a side by side comparison in ā€œreal timeā€ arenā€™t very reliable and and donā€™t tell you anything about the quality or durability of the materials in the mattress.

I would consider a complete reset in how you are looking for a mattress as you are heading in a direction that I would consider to be very risky and where you will most likely end up overpaying for a mattress that isnā€™t good quality or value.

Phoenix

yep, saw #3 after posting the above. Sage advice which I am takingā€¦ Any suggestions for local stores in SF Bay Area (only saw one in Santa Cruz on your ā€˜endorsedā€™ list)?

Hi MatterssHunter,

The better options and possibilities Iā€™m aware of in the San Francisco region are listed in post #2 here.

You have some good choices available to you in the area :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I just gave away a $4,000 Stearns & Foster ā€œGolden Eleganceā€ queen mattress set after just two years, because the pillowtop sagged so badly that it is very uncomfortable to sleep on. However, the manufacturer warranty requires a depression of 1.5 inches before any claim can be upheld, I would like to see who would choose to sleep on a mattress that is in that bad a shape.

I would never buy another bed from Stearns & Foster or their parent company.