May have bought mattress too hastily-Please help

Tonight I bought a mattress and now I’m start to regret not doing more research. I got it 100% financed in a year loan. I got this 8" Jorden’s Mattress Factory memory foam mattress. I don’t have a delivery date yet because I’m moving at the end of the month and I haven’t decided which place I want it to go to yet. But when I got home I started to think that maybe I did this a bit too hastily and didn’t really made an informed enough decision. I went to research it but I cant find ANY reviews of Jorden’s Mattress Factory… Please help?

Hi mattress140,

The mattress shopping tutorial here has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices … and perhaps more importantly, help you know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

If you have already purchased a mattress then post #13 here includes more information about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

If you can provide a link to the mattress you purchased I’d be happy to make some comments about it as well.

Phoenix

99% sure this is the one: http://www.jordans.com/jordan-s-mattress-factory-8--memory-foam-jmfm-10008?set-mattresses=s39100080

Looking at my receipt:
Queen mattress $457
Foundation: $140
Fram: $60
Protector: $60
Fancy pillow: $60

I thinking of checking to see if I can cancel the pillow and protector. Maybe the frame too if I can find one for cheap or free on craigs list. I was torn between the one I got an Beutyrest that was $100 more.

Hi mattress140,

I think you have the right link.

I can’t speak to how suitable the mattress is for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) because only your own testing or personal experience can tell you this (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here) and this is the most important part of the “value” of a mattress but hopefully you did some careful and objective testing so you are confident it’s a good match for you.

Outside of PPP … a mattress is only as good as the quality of the materials inside it and you can see the foam quality guidelines I would suggest in post #4 here. You are in a very low budget range for a memory foam mattress so there will need to be some compromises in terms of the quality of the materials in your budget range but the materials in your mattress are lower quality and less durable than I would be comfortable with, even in your budget range, and I would tend to avoid 3 lb memory foam unless there are no other better quality options available to you.

It’s a fair price (but not the “best” price for a similar mattress) … it’s just uses lower quality/density and less durable materials than I would consider.

Phoenix