Membership List / New Futon Mattress Search

Hi djsmattress,

As you can see in post #1 here (which is the most important post on the forum for anyone just starting out looking for a mattress) … I think that ordering online without any local testing so that you know you are comfortable with the materials and general design of the mattress you are considering would be a big mistake. To be clear … it’s not the ordering online that is the mistake … it’s ordering online without local testing first. You may as well throw a dart at a wall and hope for the best without having a general idea of the types of materials and mattresses you prefer. I think the goal would be to avoid the worst salespeople … but seek out the better ones.

If you let me know your city or zip in California I’d also be happy to let you kow of any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

I think the line between a futon and a mattress these days is rather blurred and “fuzzy”. Most of the research on the site is into mattresses but some of the retailers and manufacturers listed may also carry futons. You may need to do some extra research into some of your options and spend some time on the phone talking to people specifically about futons if that is the direction you are most comfortable with.

Post #2 here includes some futon manufacturers and sources that may also be helpful.

Phoenix