Memory Foam Comfort (MFC), Fliptop bed

Hi,

Just recently discovered this site, lots of great info! I am looking to get a matress here in Canada and I was just wondering if any one on this forum ever bought a mattress from Memory foam comfort, If so I would appreciate your feedback!

I would love to talk with someone who had a experience with this company before making a purchase since the owner told me since the shipping would be paid there would be no 90 day trial.

Thanks!

Hi Matt#15,

While I don’t have any personal experience with their mattress … Memoryfoamcomfort is a member of this site which means I think highly of them and I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency. Alll of their mattresses use high quality materials and there are no lower quality materials or weak links in any of them.

I would be very cautious about using someone else’s experience on any mattress (either positive or negative) as a meaningful source of guidance about how a mattress will feel for you because firmness and softness is very subjective and relative to different people (a mattress that feels firm for one person can feel soft for someone else) and each person can be very different. A mattress that is a “perfect” match for one person in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, or Personal preferences) may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on … even if they are in similar weight ranges. Using other people’s mattress reviews or experiences as a meaningful source of research and information can often be more misleading than helpful (see post #13 here).

Having said that, hopefully any of the forum members that have purchased from them will see your post and share their comments but in the meantime a forum search on MFC or on memoryfoamcomfort (you can just click the links) will bring up some comments and feedback about them as well.

There is also more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (online or local) in post #2 here that can help you minimize the risks involved with each of them and there is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between different mattresses based on all the criteria that are most important to you.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Thank you for your reply,I appreciate your feedback. I was very close to ordering a bed from bedinabox but your site made me rethink about I my decision because of one of your post relating the the overall quality of material used. I was more looking for someone else experience relating to customer service (service after the bed is purchased). I spoke with the owner of the company, he was very knowledgeable and answered all my question. My only concern was that he told me that since he is paying for the shipping he could not offer a return policy so I was more wondering about the experience your members might of had after there purchase with this company.

I am looking at a model which would be ajustable fliptop bed the owner called it. He told me the firmess could be adjusted by flipping the layers the get the firmess you prefered. In your experience do these adjustable layers perform and last just as long as a memory foam which would not be adjustable?

Thanks again!

Hi Matt#15,

They would be closely comparable in terms of durability to having the same type, quality, and thickness of the same materials inside the mattress cover yes. Both the 5 lb memory foam and the Talalay latex are high quality and durable materials and there are no weak links in the mattress. In addition to the ability to customize the firmness of the comfort layers after a purchase by flipping the layers (or using either one of them individually), separate toppers also have the advantage of being able to replace them individually without having to replace the entire mattress if they soften or break down faster than the deeper layers of the mattress (the upper layers of a mattress are always the most subject to the compression forces that soften or break down any mattress materials).

Phoenix

Alright, thanks again for your advice and feedback! I will most likely be ordering the bed later tonight. I will leave a review on your site once I receive the bed and would be more than happy to share my experience with some of your member once I receive it.

Matt

Hi Matt#15,

Assuming you decide to pull the trigger … congratulations on your new mattress :).

I think you are making a good quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix