Memory Foam Mattress Help

Gotcha! That was kind of in the back of my head but then I blew it off lol
Thank you!

:lol:

So Rocky Mountain recommends “hybrid mattress by VoilaBox. They use a combination of gel memory foam and pocket coils for a very supportive mattress.”

Foam order foam is from flex2000 not on certipur but they say “I will request the safety testing done to European standards and forward you a copy.”

That’s my update :slight_smile:

I checked out voila , they are not certipur and are made in china by “one of the leading manufactures” when I asked who just for kicks who that was they didn’t know

I recommend checking out LUFT (www.luftbeds.com) They are new online company and come from an experienced group of mattress industry vets. They use graphite-infused memory foam which won’t keep you up hot all night like other memory foam mattresses, and they even offer a hybrid model with enclosed coils for well under $1000/Queen.

Hi Ari,

As you may already be aware, Voila doesn’t list meaningful information about their mattresses on their web site. Fortunately, site member oznefu was able to get specifications of the plush version of the Voila mattress here.

As you can tell from the information there and the fact that this is shipped compressed from China, this would be a more risky purchase IMHO.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix
definitely not interested in the viola!

Hi Beardsley,

I deleted your earlier post, as it was promotional in nature and not directly responsive to the OP. Additionally, forum rules do not allow for self-promotion and require you to disclose any role or position you have in the industry, which you certainly do with the brand you mentioned.

You’re welcome to post in an objective fashion, providing educational advice to forum members, but promotional posts like this one are not allowed.

Thanks!

Phoenix

[quote=“Phoenix” post=72169]Hi Ari,

As you may already be aware, Voila doesn’t list meaningful information about their mattresses on their web site. Fortunately, site member oznefu was able to get specifications of the plush version of the Voila mattress here.

As you can tell from the information there and the fact that this is shipped compressed from China, this would be a more risky purchase IMHO.

Phoenix[/quote]

I asked RMM why this hybrid instead of the million others out there and they said this:
“Voila Box is one of our sister companies. We are both owned by the same group”

HI Ari,

Yes, there are some ownership changes going on at RMM.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix
I found these on RMM- not sure why they did not mention them to me- would either one of these be a good choice for higher bmi’s ?

Features of The Sensus Sleep
The The Sensus Sleep is 10 inches thick and includes two 3 inch layers of high-density Reflex foam in the core. One layer is rated at 32 ILD and the other at 40 ILD. On top of the core is 4 inch layer of 5lb. Sensus brand memory foam for a total of 4 full inches of memory foam.

Features of The Cool Comfort
The Cool Comfort is 10 inches thick and includes two 3 inch layers of high-density Reflex foam in the core. One layer is rated at 32 ILD and the other at 40 ILD with options of 28,32,40 ILDs. On top of the core is one 2 inch layer of 5lb. Sensus brand memory foam, and on top of that layer is another 2 inch layer of 4lb. Aerus memory foam for a total of 4 full inches of memory foam. Having two memory foam layers of different densities allows you to customize the firmness level of the mattress by rearranging the layers of memory foam. Combined with the opportunity to rearrange the core layers as well, you have a myriad of firmness possibilities with this mattress.

Update- they no longer use sensus-they just didn’t update their site - they use aerus and aerus plus but didn’t give me any info lol so I’m waiting for an answer

Here is the updates from RMM -these are there DIY beds which just means they send them in layers… I think the cool comfort sounds good because you can switch the 4lb and 5lb memory foam layers around but I’m not sure if 4lb would be acceptable for higher bmi even in this flexible situation?

New specs
“The CoolComfort 10” mattress below comes with 2" of Aerus lb memory foam and 2" of Aerus Plus 5lb memory foam (in place of the Sensus 5lb.) Everything else is the same.

The SensusSleep comes with 4" of Aerus Plus 5lb memory foam (in place of the Sensus 5 lb) Everything else is the same.

Please keep in mind that the 5lb Memory Foam is firmer than the 4lb Memory Foam. The difference in the 2 mattresses are the top 4".

The CoolComfort uses 2 different firmnesses of memory foam which could be used as the 4lb layer on top or changed to use the 5lb layer on top which would provide you with 2 slightly different feels. While the SensusSleep only uses 4" of 5 lb memory foam so it will only have but 1 feel.

Hi Ari,

Thanks for your update.

Yes, you are correct, these are DIY component-style mattresses. For a higher BMI, in these configurations, you’d be better off using the Aerus Plus (5lb) memory foam.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix …I knew you would say that about the 5lb foam lol

So it would be
10 inches thick mattress
two 3 inch layers of high-density Reflex foam in the core. One layer is rated at 32 ILD and the other at 40 ILD. On top of the core is 4 inch layer of 5lb. Aerus brand memory foam for a total of 4 full inches of memory foam.

Tomorrow I’ll get some specs from sleep warehouse and then hopefully be able to order something :slight_smile:

Hi Ari,

You can read me like a book.

OK, now I’m thinking of a number between one and ten… :lol:

Phoenix

LOL 5,?!

I am concerned about that reflex foam core. I have read that is not such a great support foam

Off to call sleep warehouse

Ok
Sleep warehouse
I think this sounds better then anything else I have found -
your thoughts please Phoenix?

3" 5lb aerus plus memory foam ild 13
2" 2.25lb hd/hr foam 30ild
3" 2.25 lb hd/hr foam 40 ild
2" 2.25lb hd/hr foam 50 ild

Hi Ari,

It was 7. :frowning:

“Reflex” can be a very durable polyfoam, and is commonly used in different versions as seat cushioning as well. Like any polyfoam, it would depend upon the density (and to a point the IFD/ILD) of the foam.

All of the foam layers listed here are better density and should be durable and wouldn’t set up any “red flags” even for a higher BMI. Whether or not the comfort is to your liking would be of course personal, but objectively these seem to be better quality materials.

Phoenix

I didn’t even have 7 in my head LOL

do you think it sounds very firm? too firm?

i like medium firm with a little contour and i need pressure point relief…concrete slab with no give (hug) i cannot do
any of those layers can be changed