Memory Foam Mattress Help

Hmmm i see the 90 night satisfaction i wonder why she said no returns- ill try again tomorrow

this and the difficulty reaching sleep warehouse makes me really appreciate a company like sleep ez who always answers the phone and live chat during working hours

ill keep you posted :slight_smile:

Foam order webs site
I believe this is the classic deluxe
4" of 13ild memory foam 5.3lb/ft3
2" of 31-34ild (our v34 foam) 2.6lb/ft3
6" of 40-43ild (our v44 foam ) 2.6lb/ft3

Hi Ari,

[quote]4" of 13ild memory foam 5.3lb/ft3
2" of 31-34ild (our v34 foam) 2.6lb/ft3
6" of 40-43ild (our v44 foam ) 2.6lb/ft3[/quote]

These would be better quality and durable materials.

I’ve contacted Rocky Mountain Mattress, as I had the same issues with their phone system and it seemed to go into a loop mode, so something there is amiss with their system. Hopefully they will see my notes and rectify this soon.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix
Wendy from Rocky Mountain called me , she thought the phone issues were resolved. I assured her they are not lol

We had a good conversation, I told her what I was looking for and she will get back to me once they can put an option or 2 together that think will work.

The foam order foam i posted above is certipur but from Portugal . Do you know anything about Portuguese foam???

Hi Ari,

I’m glad that RMM got back to you.

As for foam from Portugal, I would first confirm that the foam producer is on the CeritPUR-US producer list. Then, confirm the density (which you already have). After that, my primary concern would be, similar to other imported polyfoams, the amount of time that it may have been compressed from production to shipping to use in the mattress. Overall, if the foam is certified, has been compressed for only a few weeks to maybe a month or so, and doesn’t use fillers (which you may not be able to find out), I would be more comfortable with such a product.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,
I just checked and foamorder.com is on the certipur list - i don’t know if they will know or really tell me how long the foam is compressed for. i would likely be better off to stay with usa made product since these beds are not really returnable (practicality wise anyway)

Hi Ari,

Yes foamorder.com is listed on the CertiPUR-US site as a company or brand that offers some products containing CeritPUR-US certified foams, but the link I provided you was for the foam producer, which would be the company in Portugal that you’d want to check should you decide to go that route (which it now seems you’re not).

When a business is listed as a CertiPUR-US certified company, it doesn’t mean that all of the foams they offer necessarily have a certification. Per the CertiPUR-US site:

Please be aware that while some companies only offer products with certified foams, other companies offer certified foams in certain products or certain product lines. Ask to be sure.

Just as a reminder and good information for anyone browsing through this thread. :wink:

Phoenix

Gotcha! That was kind of in the back of my head but then I blew it off lol
Thank you!

:lol:

So Rocky Mountain recommends “hybrid mattress by VoilaBox. They use a combination of gel memory foam and pocket coils for a very supportive mattress.”

Foam order foam is from flex2000 not on certipur but they say “I will request the safety testing done to European standards and forward you a copy.”

That’s my update :slight_smile:

I checked out voila , they are not certipur and are made in china by “one of the leading manufactures” when I asked who just for kicks who that was they didn’t know

I recommend checking out LUFT (www.luftbeds.com) They are new online company and come from an experienced group of mattress industry vets. They use graphite-infused memory foam which won’t keep you up hot all night like other memory foam mattresses, and they even offer a hybrid model with enclosed coils for well under $1000/Queen.

Hi Ari,

As you may already be aware, Voila doesn’t list meaningful information about their mattresses on their web site. Fortunately, site member oznefu was able to get specifications of the plush version of the Voila mattress here.

As you can tell from the information there and the fact that this is shipped compressed from China, this would be a more risky purchase IMHO.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix
definitely not interested in the viola!

Hi Beardsley,

I deleted your earlier post, as it was promotional in nature and not directly responsive to the OP. Additionally, forum rules do not allow for self-promotion and require you to disclose any role or position you have in the industry, which you certainly do with the brand you mentioned.

You’re welcome to post in an objective fashion, providing educational advice to forum members, but promotional posts like this one are not allowed.

Thanks!

Phoenix

[quote=“Phoenix” post=72169]Hi Ari,

As you may already be aware, Voila doesn’t list meaningful information about their mattresses on their web site. Fortunately, site member oznefu was able to get specifications of the plush version of the Voila mattress here.

As you can tell from the information there and the fact that this is shipped compressed from China, this would be a more risky purchase IMHO.

Phoenix[/quote]

I asked RMM why this hybrid instead of the million others out there and they said this:
“Voila Box is one of our sister companies. We are both owned by the same group”

HI Ari,

Yes, there are some ownership changes going on at RMM.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix
I found these on RMM- not sure why they did not mention them to me- would either one of these be a good choice for higher bmi’s ?

Features of The Sensus Sleep
The The Sensus Sleep is 10 inches thick and includes two 3 inch layers of high-density Reflex foam in the core. One layer is rated at 32 ILD and the other at 40 ILD. On top of the core is 4 inch layer of 5lb. Sensus brand memory foam for a total of 4 full inches of memory foam.

Features of The Cool Comfort
The Cool Comfort is 10 inches thick and includes two 3 inch layers of high-density Reflex foam in the core. One layer is rated at 32 ILD and the other at 40 ILD with options of 28,32,40 ILDs. On top of the core is one 2 inch layer of 5lb. Sensus brand memory foam, and on top of that layer is another 2 inch layer of 4lb. Aerus memory foam for a total of 4 full inches of memory foam. Having two memory foam layers of different densities allows you to customize the firmness level of the mattress by rearranging the layers of memory foam. Combined with the opportunity to rearrange the core layers as well, you have a myriad of firmness possibilities with this mattress.

Update- they no longer use sensus-they just didn’t update their site - they use aerus and aerus plus but didn’t give me any info lol so I’m waiting for an answer

Here is the updates from RMM -these are there DIY beds which just means they send them in layers… I think the cool comfort sounds good because you can switch the 4lb and 5lb memory foam layers around but I’m not sure if 4lb would be acceptable for higher bmi even in this flexible situation?

New specs
“The CoolComfort 10” mattress below comes with 2" of Aerus lb memory foam and 2" of Aerus Plus 5lb memory foam (in place of the Sensus 5lb.) Everything else is the same.

The SensusSleep comes with 4" of Aerus Plus 5lb memory foam (in place of the Sensus 5 lb) Everything else is the same.

Please keep in mind that the 5lb Memory Foam is firmer than the 4lb Memory Foam. The difference in the 2 mattresses are the top 4".

The CoolComfort uses 2 different firmnesses of memory foam which could be used as the 4lb layer on top or changed to use the 5lb layer on top which would provide you with 2 slightly different feels. While the SensusSleep only uses 4" of 5 lb memory foam so it will only have but 1 feel.