Memory Foam Mattress Vendor: Wichita Kansas

I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good mattress vendor in Wichita, KS. I have seen suggestions for Kansas City and Oklahoma City but would prefer not to drive 2.5 hours if I can avoid it. THANKS!!

Hi blackbird,

Post #4 here should be helpful :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Wow, thanks. I don’t know how I missed that. Thanks again!!

Hi blackbird,

You’re welcome … and good luck with your mattress testing :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up choosing … and of course any questions you may have along the way.

Phoenix

We currently have a 6ish year old pillow top serta (i think it is serta) that has 2 clear indentions. My wife has been complaining of needing some back support. As a temporary fix we added a couple inch thick memory foam topper. We like the "in the mattress"feel of the MF topper. Our plan is to try out some tempurpedic beds to see if any feel nice. We are doing this first becasue it seems that most online MF mattress vendors sell their mattresses with comparisons to different tempurpedic models. Then we can go try out denver mattress and perhaps one other and see if we want to go local or with an online vendor. It is also possible that after trying a full MFmatress we may hate it and may go the latex+topper instead. That is the plan at least. This site has been very important to my mattress education, so thanks. I’ll keep you updated as we progress. Thanks again.

Hi blackbird,

Your plan sounds like a good one to me :slight_smile:

Phoenix

so we went to a local bedding store to check out some tempurpedic models. We loved the Cloud Luxe. We also tried a serta icomfort, which we didnt like at all. My pelvis felt like it was rotating in a way that was not good. This didn’t happen with the Cloud Luxe. So I was deciding between the options that sell based on the “Feel” of the Cloud Luxe. The 13" dreamfoam option dropped in price on amazon after I stalked it for a few days ond jumped on it. I am sitting on it right now typing this. So far, I’m not terribly impressed. The edge of the mattress could use additonal support. The mattress seems to loose some structural integrity at the edge when I am laying a couple inches from it. Also, it does not feel like the Cloud Luxe at all. It is much more like one of the firmer tempurpedics, like the rhapsody. The Cloud Luxe has a super squishy top layer that you immedietly sink into before being supported by the second denser, less elastic memory foam layer. I’m going to give the dream foam 2 nights before making a final judgement. I purchased it from “Amazon” and not “Dreamfoam bedding” becasue of the 2 day prime shipping and easier returns. I am already starting to look more closely at the Christeli mattresses and select foam options.

Hi blackbird,

It will take some time for a new mattress to “break in” and for you to adjust to the feel of a new mattress so the first step is to always give a mattress some time before you evaluate it. The Cloud Luxe in the store would have already been broken in so it would also be different from a new Cloud Luxe. There is more about this and some of the additional factors that can affect how a new memory foam mattress feels and performs in post #2 here.

It may also be a good idea to try your mattress on the floor just in case the foundation is contributing to any difference you feel (the Tempurpedic mattresses use a very firm MDF foundation with a solid surface and a foundation can affect how a mattress feels) and some of the other suggestions there can make a difference as well.

There is also more about the different ways that one mattress may “match” another one in post #9 here and while the softness of the 13" dreamfoam will be similar to the Cloud Luxe (most people that have purchased it have said it’s just slightly firmer) and the quality of the materials are also similar as well, the “feel” will be different because of the differences between different types of memory foam.

I hope you have the chance to provide some additional feedback in a few more weeks which can make a difference in how any new mattress will feel and perform for you.

Thanks for the feedback.

Phoenix

Put it on the floor last night and seemed like it may have felt slightly more supportive but not enough as my back was hurting when I woke up this morning. I’ve decided to begin the return process with amazon. I way 200lbs, which seems like it is too much for this mattress. I’m going study the Restava Ivory Gel (does not appear they list foam specs of all of their foams), the Christeli Lux Estate & Briella, Select foam Cirrus Luxe-ES 13. It seems like all of these are of good quality. The difficulty is determining suitability. The hard part will be returning the dreamfoam 13" i got on Amazon! This weekend I start the packing process.

The hunt continues.

So it has litterally been 10 years since i last losted in this thread but felt like i needed to give an update. I found time to drive down to OKC and visit Oklahoma Mattress. Wow, that place is amazing and Jim the owner certainly knows the industry inside and out. He helped us find a combination of matress and multiple layes of differnt toppers of different thickness material and firmness to get us exactly what we were after for an excellent price. They also deliver to wichita for the same price as some of the local wichita stores charge for delivering 3 miles.away. i wish i drove down sooner. It was fun to see where he hand makes the products he sells too. It was a great experience. Im looking forward to the delivery next week!

1 Like

Hi blackbird,

Thanks for the long awaited follow up :wink: This is a nice example of what a collaboration with a quality independent manufacturer/retailer looks like. They have the opportunity to literally break it down layer by layer (so you dont have to, if you choose not to) and create your most comfortable sleeping environment.

Great to hear stories such as this one, especially when it involves a truster member.

All the best,

Maverick!