memory foam mattress

Thank you for your previous reply. Can you give me names of suppliers of foam mattresses that you endorse in Santa Cruz, San Jose or Monterey, California?

Also, is it possible to buy a decent memory foam mattress for under $500?

Eve Hoban

Hi evehoban,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Santa Cruz, Monterey, Salinas, San Jose area are listed in post #2 here.

There are some good options in the general area but only one of them is a member of the site.

I don’t know the specific mattresses that are available locally but it would depend on what you mean by “decent” and on the size of the mattress and the specifics of your circumstances and individual needs and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). Assuming you mean a queen “mattress only” … in general this is a lower budget than you would usually find good quality materials that meet the memory foam guidelines I normally suggest in post #10 here and that would also work well for most people but there may be a few exceptions. There may be some basic memory foam mattresses that use 2" or 3" of reasonable quality memory foam with a reasonable quality support layer in this budget range that are worth considering and some of the better lower budget online options I’m aware of are listed in post #4 here. I would make sure you do some careful testing on any mattress in this budget range or talk with any online manufacturers or retailers (where you can’t test the mattress in person) about whether they were suitable for you because no matter what the cost or “value” of a mattress if it isn’t a good “match” for your body type, sleeping positions, and individual preferences it would have little value to you if you can’t sleep comfortably on it no matter what the price.

Phoenix