Memory foam topper on top latex

Thinking about a thin maybe 2" layer 5lb memory foam on top my top layer of medium latex to take the edge off. Would this work? Would I notice a difference if I put it underneath the top layer of medium latex?

What about the 2" layer underneath a soft top layer of latex on the other side? Is there anything wrong with this or is it personal preference?

Also, opinions on this new foam at rock mountain, memory foam/latex hybrid?

http://www.rockymountainmattress.com/memory-foam-mattress-toppers/energia-3lb-topper/

Hi jaybackintheday,

[quote]Thinking about a thin maybe 2" layer 5lb memory foam on top my top layer of medium latex to take the edge off. Would this work? Would I notice a difference if I put it underneath the top layer of medium latex?

What about the 2" layer underneath a soft top layer of latex on the other side? Is there anything wrong with this or is it personal preference?[/quote]

I don’t know exactly what you are trying to achieve with the topper or “how much” difference you are looking for but there are some guidelines in post #2 here and the topper guidelines it links to that may be helpful. The only way to know for certain whether a specific mattress/topper combination works for you is your own personal testing or sleeping experience but the guidelines along with more detailed conversations with suppliers about the specifics of the toppers they sell can certainly improve your odds of success with a topper.

There will certainly be a difference in how a memory foam feels over latex compared to under latex. On top it will have more of the “memory foam” slow response surface feel with some resilience underneath it as you sink in more deeply and with the latex on top you will have a more resilient sleeping surface with some of the slow response of latex underneath as you sink into it more deeply. The choice between them would be personal preference and some would prefer one combination and some would prefer the other. One isn’t any “better” than the other.

[quote]Also, opinions on this new foam at rock mountain, memory foam/latex hybrid?

www.rockymountainmattress.com/memory-foa.../energia-3lb-topper/[/quote]

They’ve carried this for quite a long time (years). It’s a high density polyfoam that has some similarities to latex in terms of its feel and response and is a good quality product. They will be able to tell you more about it when you talk with them on the phone. You can see FXI’s description of Energia here.

Phoenix