Middle ground needed

Hi SallyS,

That’s unfortunate. It may be worth airing out for a week or two to see if anything changes.

Just out of curiosity … was your pillow “natural Talalay” (which is blended with synthetic rubber) or “all natural” Talalay (which only uses natural rubber).

Phoenix

I did decide to let it air for a while, then try again - there is no discernible odor, but we know that is not the absolute reveal. With warmer weather it will breathe better, it was presented and stored in a plastic bag - so I should have known better in the first place - to air it out.

It is the All Natural, as pure as can get in Talalay - from PLB does feel good.

Meanwhile, yesterday I headed down to Holy Lamb Organics to luxuriate in the beauty of wool. I made a great haul home. For my daybed I chose the Deep Sleep topper and the Fleece topper, they will compress over time, but I have these items on my bed and no issue on performance. On top of these two is a wool puddle pad and a Cozy Pure mattelasse cover (excellent product that I researched on this site, thanks) and all encased in a heavy duty cover. This is used for sitting and snoozing, lounging and reading - I am happy with the comfort level as well as the purity of contents, quality of products. My achy old bones love the balance of wool over latex support. I think this will be agreeable to guests as well.

They have a line of mattresses that I had not heard of, I tried those out and was highly impressed.

Hi SallyS,

They carry the WJ Southard mattresses which I agree are very nice and use great quality materials

Phoenix

They do still carry the WJ Southard mattresses, they are indeed excellent, and I thought that was all they carried.

However, they now carry another line that comes out of CA. This line has the layering system inside, either two or three layers for 7" or 10". Layers are Dunlop, the cover is channel quilted and the many layers are available to try on the showroom. I don’t know why it isn’t on the website, but they are changing the site. This maker has a nice product that seems very well made, and I will ask again, about the manufacturer - and let you know.
I was impressed, and I also learned a thing or two about those pesky ILD’s when I got my hands on them with numbers.

I also got an e-mail from Soaring Heart this weekend - they have a new offering out now, a mattress with no latex. http://soaringheart.com/collections/organic-mattresses/products/organic-innerspring-mattress?utm_source=Soaring+Heart+News&utm_campaign=6bd50923fc-Intro_Innerspring_05-30-2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_cb4dd97883-6bd50923fc-306256445&mc_cid=6bd50923fc&mc_eid=bbcbf1881a - but I did not make it to the ‘reveal’.

Hi SallyS,

That would be great … thanksI thought you were referring to the WJ Southard lineup they have on their site and didn’t realize that they had added a new line. Thanks for the update.

That would be great … thanks :slight_smile:

Phoenix