Midnight luxe durability concerns

The helix midnight luxe has some lower density foams that are concerning, although I do like the feel and lightness of the comfort layer. Im 5’5" 155lbs. At my weight, should i worry too much about those lower density foams in terms of durability? I believe theyre 2.5lbs density. I’d prefer to end my search here if you think its a safe-ish choice.

Would i generally get better quality for price from local direct manufacturers than something like helix?

What are some high quality, good pressure relieving deep contouring beds that have a lighter springiness than most memory foam? Latex, such as Avocado beds, have been too firm for me and compresses too much; i prefer the pressure relief and contouring of foam, while still not being too bogged down and muddy. Id like something in between foam and latex. Some good examples are the midnight luxe and the nest sparrow. Id seriously consider the nest but ive heard too many horror stories about quality control

1 Like

Hi aboojay,

The midnight luxe is a decent mattress. Personally, i find nothing wrong with a quality made BinB. The Midnight Luxe uses lumbar zoning where brooklyn bedding signature hybrid does not and the BB Aurora is zoned around the perimeter of the mattress. So it becomes a matter of preference. All of the 3z brands are fairly transparent about the materials they use. They are among the better of the BnB category.

Their customer service is good, they are reliable and trustworthy.

There is something a bit more that can be said about independents. Mainly, their existence relies on treating you well, putting out a quality product, and making you happy in the end. That to me is key!

If you look at trusted member #DLX They offer 2 mattresses with carefully thought out layers and overall construction that rival any of the better BnB’s. In fact, while they may not look it, the DLX arrive just like a BnB in a box!

There are many similar choices, it becomes a matter of PPP, trust and customer service.

I used yawnder.com for my BB (before I joined TMU) They have a website like many, Ben does do reviews and offers affiliate links, but has more skin in the game. If you buy from him, he has to “face” you if or when someone goes awry.

For me that has value!

All of the trusted members at TMU are just that, TRUSTED! That is why they are here.

Of course there are going to be dozens of good choices for you to choose from. You will have to narrow down some selections. And quite frankly, that is what a trial is for. That is not the same as try and buy. You dont want to try for the sake of trying and returning or exchanging like a pair if pants.

You want your choice to be the best educated and calculated choice you can from the start, and if need be, modify from there. Many if not all the TRUSTED Members, given the appropriate information, can help you narrow the field down, to come very close to checking all your boxes on the first shot!

Good luck!