MLILY Serenity, Vitality, Calm, and others.

Anyone have experience with Mlily? I did a forum search and found some information but not any actual reviews or anyone who actually purchased from them. Going through their list of features for each bed, it appears they have tons of things “going for them” but I’m not sure if these are actually useful features (bamboo charcool whatever that is, half open cell structure, plant based, etc etc) or are they just fluff to make their mattresses seem greater than they actually are?

Anyone own one or sleep on one?
And densities are unavailable on any website I’ve found. Amazon seems to hint at densities…I’ve contacted MLily directly and also contacted a couple merchants on Amazon for densities/ilds and feel information as well.

If you’ve had one can you describe the feel/density/sink in?

I’m hoping that the mattress doesn’t sink in that much like Cloud Supreme from Tempur and stuff. I’m not about heavy sinking…those just seem to arch and cave in under pressure rather than contour. Okay so I know it’s a far shot that someone here would have this info but just thought I tried. I value the input here more than a couple interviews on Amazon.

Hi E4HZ,

It may be helpful to mention the specific model you are considering because all their mattress would feel different from each other but hopefully one of the members here that owns one will see your post and comment about how their mattress feels for them. I would also keep in mind that feel and firmness can be very subjective so one person’s experience on a mattress and their description of how it feels to them may be very different from how it would feel or the firmness level for someone else.

Once you find out the density information if you can post it on the forum I’d be happy to make some comments about the quality of the materials inside the mattress you are considering. When you are considering a Chinese manufactured mattress then I would also read post #6 here which also includes some comments about bamboo charcoal or bamboo memory foam.

You may have seen these already but in case you haven’t you can also read more about some of the specific mLily mattresses in post #6 here and the posts it links to towards the end of the reply.

There is also more about so called “plant based foams” in post #2 here.

Phoenix

I forgot to include a sample of the descriptions…
but HERE that is the Serenity :slight_smile: which is what I’m considering over the Dreamfoam Aria.

Right now my plan is to try the cheaper but good value mattresses first that also have good return policies and then if they aren’t to my liking I’ll try the more expensive ones.

Mlily is about the same place as Dreamfoam so I’m trying to decide which one I want to try. I have not heard from Mlily, or the Amazon vendors who sell them, about their return policy yet, but Dreamfoam is fulfilled by Amazon which means no hassle returns I believe.

And yes Phoenix when I hear back about the densities from Mlily I’ll post here. I asked for the info from multiple vendors and Mlily so I can cross reference.

I’ve got to admit some of your input on charcoal bamboo does make me wonder if it’s good for anything or just a useless filler. But at the same time, Gel is a kind of a filler too right or does that actually add to the comfort? Do you think companies like Serta or even Dreamfoam measure their desnity before or after the gel? Dreamfoam’s Aria is listed as using 4lb gel foam what does that actually mean and does it really matter?

And edit: I saw earlier who supplies/makes the foam for Mlily mattresses but can’t find that anymore—who was it again?

Hi EZ4HZ,

The density of all materials are measured as a finished product so if there is any other substances added to the foam then the density would be the filled density of the foam and not the polymer density of the foam.

There is more information about the pros and cons of various types of gel materials and gel foams (including gel memory foam) in post #2 here.

They are made by Health Care Foam in China (see here and their Chinese site here).

Phoenix

The rep emailed say we are not allowed to know what the density of the foams are but that they are between 2 and 5.2

I’m pretty sure she just doesn’t know though…she also said every major mattress manufacturer uses charcoal bamboo. Idk if that’s true either. I bought one of their pillows and it’s not good, I’m returning. Don’t know about the mattresses though.The pillow was the Ambiant and it was too thin, too soft, and goes too flat when sleeping. Low density, no contouring, it just flattens into a wedge.

Hi E4HZ,

Unfortunately that’s such a wide range that it’s meaningless. It’s strange to me that some of their reps seem willing to provide this information and some won’t (as you can see in the previous links I posted) but without being able to find out the current information about the materials in a mattress (older information may no longer be accurate since manufacturers can change the specs of their mattresses) in combination with the additional uncertainty that goes with Chinese imports, the risk of making a “blind purchase” can be higher than I would personally be comfortable with when there are other good quality/value options that are completely transparent.

While it’s certainly true that other manufacturers use it in some of their foams (particularly some others from China) … it’s not accurate to say that every manufacturer uses it.

Phoenix