more Affordable options?

Well hi everyone!
First off, LOVE that there is a forum. I can FINALLY ask someone questions that isnt trying to sell me something.

We need a new mattress. MY boyfriends 10 yr old pillowtop is officially NOT cutting it anymore, so it’ll be retired as the guest bed and we are getting a new snazzy one.
Im really in love with the thought of the Brooklyn beddings Dreamfoam 13" ultimate dreams gel foam mattress. Reviews are great on it and we decided to go lay on the cloud luxe to see if we liked it. I was in LOVE. so squishy soft. perfect. lets make up an excuse about not buying from them and leave… Well. We got talked into laying on a Serta Icomfort Savant. Boyfriend is in love with this one. He SWEARS its softer than the luxe. he’s crazy.
Does anyone know of a more affordable option than the serta savant? We’re going to go again tomorrow and lay on them again but I really REALLY dont want to spend more than 1000$ on this mattress.

Can anyone recommend some good mattress alternatives to these? I wont lie, I’m pretty partial to the Brooklyn bedding stuff being that its made in the USA. I like to support that kinda thing.

Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe(is the ultimate dreams really that close? be honest!)
Serta Icomfort Savant

Does anyone have any recommendation? I havent been sleeping well for a week now, and due to medical conditions I CANNOT keep this up… so something I can order soon would be great. Like I said we’re going to go back tomorrow and I’ll triple check these two so we can decide which one we want. If we werent such cuddlers I’d go to two twins at this point :wink:

Thanks for any help, ordering something so expensive blind is so scary, but we really cannot afford more that 1000… thats pushing it as it is, but both of us working retail I want a NICE bed :frowning:
thank you guys!!

(edited to add; Also we are VERY curious about latex mattress’s… can anyone recommend some big box ones that compare to some of the BB’s latex beds?)

Hi Hummingbirdkrista,

Just in case you haven’t read this … the first place I would start is post #1 here which has all the basic information,m steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices.

As you can see in post #2 here there are really only 3 ways to match or approximate another mattress. In the case of the Savant the only realistic way would be with side by side testing with another mattress because it’s not likely that another manufacturer would try to duplicate its feel or design, have tested it against their own mattresses, or be familiar enough with how it performed and felt to use it as a guideline for their own mattresses (although you could always ask them). It’s usually more effective to try to evaluate every mattress you test against a common set of criteria rather than trying to match one mattress to another (unless a manufacturer specifically compares their mattress to another one that is available to you to test and in the case of memory foam this is usually a Tempurpedic which is the largest memory foam mattress manufacturer).

I think that most of the forum members that have purchased their 13" gel memory foam mattress and posted about their experience with it have agreed that it matches their description of being just a little firmer than the Cloud Luxe. Hopefully some of them will see this post and share their thoughts as well … although I would also keep in mind that “comfort” can be very subjective and not everyone will feel the same way on the same mattress.

I doubt that you will find any comparable mattresses in the big box stores but if you let me know your city or zip I’d be happy to let you know of the better options I’m aware of in your area and some of them may have some latex hybrid options or even some all latex mattresses that you can test,

Phoenix