Moths?

Has anyone had problems with moths causing damage to wool-ingredient mattress covers or bedding in general? I am considering specifically a CozyPure mattress and also their wool comforter.

Hi edickenson,

In theory I suppose it’s possible if there was a real infestation that wasn’t dealt with but in practice none of the people I’ve talked to that specialize in either wool quilted mattresses or toppers have ever had or have even heard of an issue with this (and I’ve asked them specifically).

The moths themselves don’t eat, only the larvae, and because the wool is both covered and compressed and there is also bedding over it and also because they don’t like light (sunshine kills the larva and the eggs and they prefer drawers and closets), it’s not an occurrence that anyone I’ve talked with that I would call a wool bedding “expert” has come across or believes is likely to happen.

Phoenix

Thanks very much - that is what I had assumed (and hoped). I really like CozyPure in terms of their commitment to organic and sustainable products and practices. Due to time constraints - I am moving back into my house after a six-month renovation (rebuild), and currently I have no mattress - I likely am going to take a leap of faith and order their bundle, along with their mattress protector and wood frame foundation. Do you think they will honor the 5% member discount to the foundation or to the mattress that already is package-priced in the bundle? I’ve asked via email but haven’t gotten a response yet. I would never have found CozyPure but for this forum. Since I live in Charlottesville, VA, I likely would have purchased through SavvyRest.

Hi edickenson,

The agreement with each manufacturer is that the 5% discount is on the mattress rather than the peripherals but in some cases they will go a little further. I don’t think asking would do any harm :slight_smile:

Either way, for all the reasons you mentioned … they are a great choice IMO.

Phoenix