Moving to Florida - Need advice

My husband and I are moving to Florida very soon and need a new mattress. We have had a Kingsdown Inverness (pillowtop) Mattress and box spring for about 15 years. So obviously we need an new mattress! We did take very good care of the mattress with rotating it and so forth.

I have been reading on this site about all of the advise, but it is confusing. My husband and I are mostly side sleepers - I sometimes sleep on my stomach and he sometimes on his back. We can afford a good mattress $2,500 to $3,000 if necessary. We need to have a mattress delivered and set up for us, not dropped at the curb as I have read sometimes. We also don’t want any “build your own” types.

As we are mostly side sleepers, it seems like latex may be the answer. I have tried some memory foam, but don’t like that much. Latex seems to be hard to find so that we can do some testing. My husband says he likes a firm mattress, but we both recognize that being side sleepers we need some softness on top. So I think the answer for us is firm in the middle and softer on top. My husband is about 230 lbs and 6 ft., and he doesn’t like the bed to compress much when he sits on the edge.

So we currently live at zip 10950 and are moving to 32162. I am interested in a good mattress made from good materials that will not collapse on us after a few months or years. I have read about the Pure Latex Bliss mattress, but I am not sure where we could get to try it - or if there is some other good option.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Marionl,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place I would start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best and most suitable choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Middleton,NY area (which would include Monroe, NY) are listed in post #2 here and the list for the Ocala area (including the Villages) is in post #2 here.

The closest store that sells Pure Latex Bliss would be in the Ocala list and there aren’t any within 50 miles of Monroe.

Phoenix