Moving with SleepEZ 10,000 Latex Mattress

Thank you for all your help when I purchased my latex mattress two years ago! I absolutely love it still and don’t regret a single cent it cost.

I have a SleepEZ 10,000 Talalay mattress in SMF and I’m not quite sure what the best way to transport it is. I plan to hire professional movers to load the truck and drive it to my new home several states away. The foundation folds and won’t be an issue. I’m not sure how much I can compress it to fit in a box and I do have a back injury limiting my lifting. How the heck do people move these things?

Thank you!

Hi DrButtersotch,

I’m glad to hear that you are still enjoying your SleepEZ mattress … and thanks for the update :).

If you are moving I would use the suggestions in post #5 here to compress your layers and wrap them individually so they will be easier to move and less susceptible to any damage while you are transporting them.

Phoenix

Hi DrButterscotch, thought I’d share another tip for moving latex layers. Compression would be best if possible to reduce size but if that’s not possible and each layer has to be moved separately (removed from the ticking, disassembled) then it helps to use something like a sheet or tablecloth as a sling. Lift the latex or roll it onto itself, tucking the sheet under. That way if 2 or more people are carrying a layer, they’re gripping/tugging on the sheet rather than the latex which is fragile and can tear from its’ own weight. My thinking is use an older sheet or maybe a second hand place since it would just be used to lift/sling the latex. (Wash it first and bleach it to ensure it’s clean before exposing to your latex). Then if the sheet survives, either use it for some other project or drop it back off at someplace like goodwill. If the idea of a second hand sheet doesn’t appeal to you, maybe pick up a new plastic tarp or a shower curtain liner. Either of those should be sturdy enough and fairly inexpensive. That way you don’t have to deal with someone else’s bedding (or have to stop and wash it) and don’t chance ruining your good linens. Hopefully these give you some ideas/options, good luck with your move.