My broken mattress frame question

Is it possible if I can fix it???

Bump still waiting for reply

I would suggest, since the frame looks to be particle board, that you use a good wood glue (particle board is mostly glue anyway) consisting of either Polyvinyl acetate and it comes in two formulas—a white and a yellow—with the latter being the stronger of the two. This type of glue comes in a plastic bottle with a tapered top that users can open and close. Application involves squeezing the bottle. PVA has a long dry time compared to other glues, requiring the two pieces to be held in place with clamps until the glue sets. Or Polyurethane glue. Be certain to clamp or use tape to hold the parts together for a day or two until the glue totally cures.

There are some that would drill a small hole through the two pieces and in addition to gluing the two pieces together, buy a small wooden dowel and glue that into the hole connecting the two pieces for added stability.

That should hold that broken pieces together, although I am not a carpenter, that is what I would do.

It appears to made of MDF and yes, it’s fixable.
Reframe it with 1 X 4 pine lumber. (3/4" X 3 1/2" actual). No need to miter the joints. Simply frame the outside using butt joints. Predrill screw holes from mattress side of frame, clamp pieces together, and attach using screws to fasten to the new lumber frame.

1 Like

After you apply the new framing lumber, visit the hardware store to get new bolts long enough to reach 1/2" into the new lumber.

2 Likes